TMBF End of Season Meet. Sunday 6th Oct.

Tango

Ollie just pointed out how far this is actually, and just the trip to Derby took him 4 hours and this is further. So actually we will pass rather than make the journey very slow!! :?

Unfortunatly I thought similar :(

Meet over your way on the same day Moo?

Rutland water have made it quite clear they don't want bikes there to me......so I refuse to spend my hard earned there..... :evil: But if the consensus is to meet there then that's ok......but count me out.

Ollie just pointed out how far this is actually, and just the trip to Derby took him 4 hours and this is further. So actually we will pass rather than make the journey very slow!! :?

I can take one of you pillion?

I will go if the weather is good, and also if I can rest somewhere in between as it will be a full day out for me. 160 miles each way :thumb:

I'm not fussed either way Rutland or Willingham. When you look at it Willingham from the marina is approx 95 miles depending on our route so probably a couple of hours at a good speed. I can't believe it will be 4 hours even on a 125?

*MEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! *

Rutland water have made it quite clear they don't want bikes there to me......so I refuse to spend my hard earned there..... :evil: But if the consensus is to meet there then that's ok......but count me out.

Have to find somewhere else over that way that's worth the trip, doing that ride again with you guys was one of the top priorities for when I finally get my DAS act together and get a bike that can keep up properly :D

*MEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! *

Sold!

Remember, needs to be good weather! If it looks like the day will have scattered rain throughout I may still do it. But if it's more than half the day the trip will just be miserable! :lol:

Ive just worked this trip out from Cambridge and it is 2 3\4 hrs....all A roads not motorways...

Ive just worked this trip out from Cambridge and it is 2 3\4 hrs....all A roads not motorways...

For something capable of 70 true, on a 125 add at least an hour onto that. Even though all the 4-stroke 125s I owned could do over 80 on the clocks you couldn't hold 70 all the way, especially up a hill. So I'd budget 3.5-4 hours on a 125

I'll be heading up from Cambridge when I pick up Moo, and I reckon from the mileage I wont be more than 2 hours.

Gotta say that there's nothing stopping anyone else organising a local event if Willingham is too far..... :wink:

Maybe we'll sort an East Anglia end of season meet for later in October if anyone would be up for that?

For something capable of 70 true, on a 125 add at least an hour onto that. Even though all the 4-stroke 125s I owned could do over 80 on the clocks you couldn't hold 70 all the way, especially up a hill. So I'd budget 3.5-4 hours on a 125.

I think Wallie's rarely can go to 70 too, hence longer journey.

I'll be heading up from Cambridge when I pick up Moo, and I reckon from the mileage I wont be more than 2 hours.

Could meet with some of the Cambridge crew and ride up together?

Fanks again Fozz - glad there's something to look forward to after getting back from Disney! :mrgreen:

For something capable of 70 true, on a 125 add at least an hour onto that. Even though all the 4-stroke 125s I owned could do over 80 on the clocks you couldn't hold 70 all the way, especially up a hill. So I'd budget 3.5-4 hours on a 125

eeerrrmmmm can I just remind you that the legal limit on an A road is 60mph (and the distance from the centre of Cambridge is 104 miles)........not 70mph as you are implying...therefore the time remains true....

eeerrrmmmm can I just remind you that the legal limit on an A road is 60mph (and the distance from the centre of Cambridge is 104 miles)........not 70mph as you are implying...therefore the time remains true....

Google maps reckons 2 hours 9 minutes for me... Are we thinking the same route as I'm more than happy to blat it up the A1?

An A road is not limited to 60, otherwise every dual carriageway I've gone up with the national speed limit sign has had me speeding :lol:

The A1 is a 70mph road, not sure about the others but working off google maps, in good traffic I always beat it by at least 10-15 minutes per hour. As like a sat nav it only roughly factors in things like accelerating from junctions etc. And I am rather brisk at getting up to speed :thumb:

Google maps reckons 2 hours 9 minutes for me... Are we thinking the same route as I'm more than happy to blat it up the A1?

An A road is not limited to 60, otherwise every dual carriageway I've gone up with the national speed limit sign has had me speeding :lol:

The A1 is a 70mph road, not sure about the others but working off google maps, in good traffic I always beat it by at least 10-15 minutes per hour. As like a sat nav it only roughly factors in things like accelerating from junctions etc. And I am rather brisk at getting up to speed :thumb:

I was looking at a route that Ollie and Moo could have taken....You dont need to avoid motorways but they do......whatever........

I was looking at a route that Ollie and Moo could have taken....You dont need to avoid motorways but they do......whatever........

I wasn't saying you were wrong, I said I would be there in 2 hours, I never laid out a route :lol:

That said when I hit avoid highways it still took the A1, just missed the motorway stints and was about the same time :)

Moo mentioned maybe meeting up with Tango and Bonniebird, if she wants to do that I am happy to and follow whatever route :thumb:

Moo mentioned maybe meeting up with Tango and Bonniebird, if she wants to do that I am happy to and follow whatever route :thumb:

Well hopefully there will be a few of us heading up there from here........Jive has posted in the Cambs and East Anglia section.....so we'll see who wants to join the run from there...... 8-)