Headstock Stands....

Tango

ive never used one bob i normally use piece of wood under the downpipes and jack it up a bit t so it leans on the side stand with front wheel off the ground................and before others jump in normally standard downpipes are thick enough to handle this and in all the years ive been doing it i havent damaged the pipes

ive never used one bob i normally use piece of wood under the downpipes and jack it up a bit t so it leans on the side stand with front wheel off the ground................and before others jump in normally standard downpipes are thick enough to handle this and in all the years ive been doing it i havent damaged the pipes

It's not the downpipes I'd be worried about Steve.....seen too many sidestands collapse or break to trust them.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I did think about a ratchet strap around the headstock and through one of the roof beams in the garage.....but then saw these things and wondered if they may be better as they are actually designed to do the job.... :wink:

Thanks for that Steve......the only downside is that I'd need to remove the lower fairing on the Sprint again which is a right pain in the *rse...... :roll:

I have a scissor jack that I use under the engine/downpipes.....but, again, it needs the lower fairing removing.....which was why I was looking at these stands...... :wink:

In fact the Speedie has a belly pan....so that may need removing also before jacking it......so the Headstock stand may be a simpler solution..... :wink:

I have a single side paddock stand which works for both bikes......and the Sprint also has a centre stand...so the headstock stand may work well with the paddock stand..... 8-)

I have a headstock stand for the Fireblade Bob. You have to make sure you have the correct size pin for the hole in the middle of the bottom yoke/stem. I usually use a rear paddock stand/ABBA stand and a jack under the exhaust manifold. You can use a triangular piece of plywood under the rear of the headstock , where the frame tubes come together? :mrgreen:

I have used headstock stands before and the work well

Infact I have used all methods you can think of :lol: and I must say the best by far has always been a jack and and block of wood under the exhaust with a rear paddock stand

I can't do this on mine due to a single pipe plus the weight distribution means it just lifts the full bike up :lol:

Well....I bought a stand at the BMF......knocked the guy down to £45....just got to put it together and try it out now...... :wink:

Thanks for all your input guys...... :cheers:

£45 ... is it Plantignum plated.... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

I don't think £45 was too bad......looks like a pretty well made, solid stand.......but I won't know for sure until I try it..... :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... d&_sacat=0

I did consider that Fozzie.....but as I already had a single side paddock stand that the previous owner of the Speedie gave me I just thought about something for the front wheel...... :wink:

Not sure how the Abba stand with the rear wheel lifter would be with the single side swing arm on the Speedie and the Sprint..... :?

Why not use an abba stand?

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/Images/Products/Display/frontliftarm1.jpg

Both wheels off the floor that way, like the centre stand your bike never had :)

That looks an intersting bit of kit...I assume they are not bike specefic..

They sometimes come with a kit to allow bungs to fit different sized main frame bolt housing holes.

So check before you buy, but I have seen these used with all sorts of bikes!

So if it works, it saves you buying 2 paddock stands for front and back. Also gives you better access!

It's basically an alternative to a bench :) And you can fit wheels to them so you can wheel your bike around,