Holiday Treat

nman1

Well, in three weeks time, in my 50th year on this planet, I`m giving myself a treat.

I`m off to Dubai for a week. I`ve got a 5* hotel with pick up and drop off at the airport, breakfast, afternoon refreshments in the hotel lounge and free evening drinks for an hour. I`m flying Virgin, premium economy to give that added bit of luxury. I`ve just been informed that I could up-grade my return flight to upper class, for an added £322. I fly back during the day so I`ll get the most of the free bevvies, food when you want, and on a 7.5 hour flight I could manage quite a bit of both :wink:

I`m due a massive bonus soon but will not get this before I go. It will take up any back up money I have saved in case of emergencies but I`ll be OK when the bonus kicks in.

Would you splash out the extra or keep the back up cash in hand. ????

My mates on here`s opinion would be appreciated.

When my dear old father (Git that he is..) was working out Abu Dhabi way he managed to upgrade us from cattle class and I will say it's an experience!

I think It was worth the money just to see the way things are and experience it though I don't think I am likely do it again as I'd rather spend money on other things but it really is worth a try once..

Now..

1.) I hope you have an Amazing time! Enjoy the time being just about you and enjoy all of it.. Go to the markets, soak in the sun and relax :D You deserve some good..

2.) Take LOTS of photos! You need to make sure to make all of us well jealous :mrgreen:

Wow, what a fantastic treat Neil!!!

Personally I wouldn't spend the extra - like Gary says that money would have to include one helluva lot of extras"

You never know, they might offer you ann upgrade for a lot less money when you check in :-)

I've always wanted to try Business or First...so I'd be tempted too as its a treat...but as others said, it is a lot of money, and you might be able to blag it cheaper at the airport if they still have spare seats

The thought had crossed my mind Martin :lol: I think I`d avoid the beach though, might end up in the nick for that and I never was keen on that film Midnight Express :lol: :lol:

and Oj, I`d have a friggin good try. :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looking like I may give it a go. Like I say, I`m only 50 once and I have always wanted to turn left on a plane. Think I might wait until I get to the airport though, as Susie says they may offer me an up-grade gratis. If not I could always ask on the way back. "More Champers Sir" :lol: :lol:

The thought had crossed my mind Martin :lol: I think I`d avoid the beach though, might end up in the nick for that and I never was keen on that film Midnight Express :lol: :lol:

and Oj, I`d have a friggin good try. :lol: :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Looking like I may give it a go. Like I say, I`m only 50 once and I have always wanted to turn left on a plane. Think I might wait until I get to the airport though, as Susie says they may offer me an up-grade gratis. If not I could always ask on the way back. "More Champers Sir" :lol: :lol:

tell em its your 50th when you check in. you might get lucky..

tell em its your 50th when you check in. you might get lucky..

Hehehe...

Nman in the mile high club... Hehehe

Thought about that too martin, will do. I`ll go smartly dressed and just drop the matter that it`s my 50th. May get lucky.

Hey Jin, if I was flying Emirates, you can have a shower on board the plane. Now that would be worth grabbing an air hostess. :love:

Well, in three weeks time, in my 50th year on this planet, I`m giving myself a treat.

I`m off to Dubai for a week. I`ve got a 5* hotel with pick up and drop off at the airport, breakfast, afternoon refreshments in the hotel lounge and free evening drinks for an hour. I`m flying Virgin, premium economy to give that added bit of luxury. I`ve just been informed that I could up-grade my return flight to upper class, for an added £322. I fly back during the day so I`ll get the most of the free bevvies, food when you want, and on a 7.5 hour flight I could manage quite a bit of both :wink:

I`m due a massive bonus soon but will not get this before I go. It will take up any back up money I have saved in case of emergencies but I`ll be OK when the bonus kicks in.

Would you splash out the extra or keep the back up cash in hand. ????

My mates on here`s opinion would be appreciated.

have a great holiday neil i would drop in at the airport about it is a special treat to yourself for your 50th and see if they upgrade you

That's a fair old wack for the upgrade Neil.....but it's your 50th......so why not...... :wink:

A company that I worked for many years back used to fly us everywhere business class........and it was amazing how much food a booze you could put away on a 6 hour flight to the States.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

You`re so right Mandy, I`d love to live the high life, just once. I thought about it and might wait till I get to the airport and ask how much there. Coming back the fares seem to be considerably cheaper, up to £100, so I`ll go out premium economy and ask what an up-grade will cost at the airport on the way back. I can just imagine sitting at that bar with a beer and gassing with the lovely stewardess. :-D

Upper Class and my Hotel complex with the Burj Kalifa in the background. Feck it, my bonus will be spent on ONE great holiday not pissing it up a wall down the local.

1888813278_UpperClass.jpg.b5e79ebab8e3baf0d560747111a9f911.jpg

2631759-Al-Murooj-Rotana-Dubai-Hotel-Exterior-23.jpg.b558cc45d512eafc53a8f0122ed12aea.jpg

Having flown in all classes before I'd you've never done it before its something you should. It's a completely different experience flying. If you can afford it do it on the way back to make the home trip blues slightly more manageable.

If you don't want to spend 320 on an upgrade just think what you could spend it on when you're out there. The gold souks are incredible and the market places aren't anything like markets in England and you or the wife could easily spend 300 there on some nice treats to keep rather than the experience of flying posh

Oh yeah, have a good trip you hard working lucky bast*rd!

Fortunately/unfortunately mate, (depending how you look at it) this trip is for me alone, so what I have to spend is all mine. Pretty convinced now tha,t if there is a space spare on the way back, I will up-grade. Like you say it will ease the home-coming blues and give me a treat to look forward too when I have to come back.

Cheers Jin, I think most of us have had shite at some point this year.

Fortunately I found a site for one of our clients and I`m getting rewarded for the hundreds of thousands he`ll make when he sells the houses.

Bring it on

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Firstly enjoy the trip, as for the upgrade I don't see the value in £322 for some free food and beers on a 7 hour flight, see if there's anything more worth while you can spend the money on.

Neil, you get unlimited free booze in Premium Economy!

Differences are that there is a bar that you can perch at in Upper Class, you get a better food menu, your 'pod' allows more comfort, if overnight, you get uninterrupted sleep and are awakened with your choice of breakfast (in my case bacon sandwich), you can have a massage, etc.

In Premium (compared to 'cattle'), you will also get a free ice-cream, a glass of 'bubbly' (or two if your quick) before take off, 'better' headphones, an 'on-board pack' containing toothbrush & paste, flight socks, eye cover, etc.

I would only consider the £322 upgrade if travelling overnight. If you just want the Airport Lounge 'freebies', then buy a 'priority Pass' (approx £26) which will get you in the 'normal' Airpot Lounge once through Security - Free food (snacks) and drinks.

Anyhooo - Enjoy your holiday and don't forget to bring back a stick of rock!

:cheers: