Registration is quick and easy 

Flying motorbike

Chrissb6

90mph cruising speed no cameras or traffic jams :D We will be flying from just outside York up over the moors to the coast and back really looking forward to this we are all booked in, just need to find a break in the work schedule hopefully before the onset of winter.

http://gyrocopterexperience.com/

i always thought they looked fun... until i was stationed in Stornoway in the outer hebrides. one of the doctors had one that he had built himself. it used a beetle engine. it failed not long after take off.. the wreckage was stored in our hangar. the doctor wasnt so lucky.

still. id rather go up in a gyrocopter than a glider. if i am gonna die, it had better be in something with a engine

Cheers for that :roll: Home builds for flying l think l leave that to those who know best. Apparently there quite unique you cannot fly one with a fix wing or helicopter licence it a separate course and ticket entirely. £5 big ones for the training course. Should be fun looking forward to flying low over York and the moors

Hang on guys, weren't we just talking about not paying attention to horror stories?

I come from an aviation background and can assure you that statistically powered flight is drastically safer than any form of road transport, it just so happens the media blow any accidents way out of proportion (surprise surprise)

I can guarantee you'll have a great time and come back unscathed with a big grin

i always thought they looked fun... until i was stationed in Stornoway in the outer hebrides. one of the doctors had one that he had built himself. it used a beetle engine. it failed not long after take off.. the wreckage was stored in our hangar. the doctor wasnt so lucky.

still. id rather go up in a gyrocopter than a glider. if i am gonna die, it had better be in something with a engine

As a glider does not have an engine, there is no 'issue' that it will fail, run out of fuel, burst into flames, etc. - Therefore a glider get my vote!

:mrgreen:

eerrmm the only thing the engine drives on a gyrocopter is the fan at the back...the big one above your head is only turned by forward motion...and even a glider doesnt need that...

eerrmm the only thing the engine drives on a gyrocopter is the fan at the back...the big one above your head is only turned by forward motion...and even a glider doesnt need that...

it didnt make much difference what the engine was powering. it still fell out of the sky when it stopped working. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/islanders-watch-helplessly-as-hand-built-gyrocopter-goes-into-300ft-plunge-flying-doctor-killed-as-solo-aircraft-crashes-1.339850

all i said was that i dont fancy the idea of going up in one. or a glider. or in fact anything that was built in a garden shed and flown by an enthusiast..

we have gliders here at wittering. they offer flights in them occasionally to the unit personell. having seen the gliders up close and spoke to the owners, theres no way i'll take tem up on their offer :shock:

it didnt make much difference what the engine was powering. it still fell out of the sky when it stopped working. http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/islanders-watch-helplessly-as-hand-built-gyrocopter-goes-into-300ft-plunge-flying-doctor-killed-as-solo-aircraft-crashes-1.339850

all i said was that i dont fancy the idea of going up in one. or a glider. or in fact anything that was built in a garden shed and flown by an enthusiast..

we have gliders here at wittering. they offer flights in them occasionally to the unit personell. having seen the gliders up close and spoke to the owners, theres no way i'll take tem up on their offer :shock:

Tragically it sounds like he stalled it! I've seen countless vids of a full engine failure landings, but what you cannot do is turn tight without power or you will stall the free rotating blades RIP