problem with 5th gear on my honda cg 125

Guest underdogs

i have a problem with 5th gear on my honda cg 125 each time i change in to that gear it just seems to slow right down am no expert with bikes so am not really sure whats causing it any ideas

Welcome to TMBF mate........ 8-) Pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang when you can....... 8-)

If the problem is just with 5th gear I'd say it could well be a problem with the gearbox.....but you may need to give us a bit more info before we jump to that conclusion..... :wink: What sort of speed are you doing when this happens? does the bike slow down rapidly or just kind of gradually lose speed when you put it into 5th..... :wink:

am doing about 45/50mph and it happens as soon as i change into that gear there just seems to be nothing there it just slows down rapidly i was told it could be the cog for that gear