Yamaha YZF headlight change?

Ricky

Hey guys and girls I was riding home last night and it got quite dark and some of them A roads I was on had absolutely no lighting and the lights on my bike suck.

I've been looking at these HID kits for them and was wondering if anyone could tell me the legality of them and if they're worth the 40 pound extra or just to go blind on them roads?

Thank you guys :)

Best thing to try is an Osram Nightbreaker

I used them and they really noticeably light up the road.

HID is all right to use but a grey area. You'd need to do some surgery and remove the reflectors from your bikes headlight which gets quite tricky.

Best to do is the Osrams as they give an ice white light. Rather than dull yellow and more useful than the blue tinted ones :thumb:

Hey Ricky, the night breakers are just different bulbs that'll just replace the ones in there already. They're just better bulbs that give off a whiter light......and are brighter too....... 8-)

I think you need H7 bulbs, you only have one headlight on don't you? Other deals with highbeam.

So much sure you get the right ones as they use different sockets to plug into :lol:

Thanks fozzie, H7 bulbs were the ones I ordered :)

It's what others had used on the r125 forum :)

Let's wait and see :D

Hey Ricky

Did "that song" pop in to anyone else's head when they read this or was it just me?

Well I've jumped on the HID bandwagon too - just for the car to start with as a test bed. It will be interesting what everyone thinks of them...

I'm wondering if they will flicker a bit at idle/low revs on the 125 - when a halogen would normally be a bit dim.

Hey Ricky

Did "that song" pop in to anyone else's head when they read this or was it just me?

Well I've jumped on the HID bandwagon too - just for the car to start with as a test bed. It will be interesting what everyone thinks of them...

I'm wondering if they will flicker a bit at idle/low revs on the 125 - when a halogen would normally be a bit dim.

Oh Ricky, you're so fine

You're so fine you blow my mind

Hey Ricky, hey Ricky

:)

Apparently HID lights are a lot of faffing about, I'm going to see how these light breakers work if they're not great I'll upgrade to the HID kit maybe :)

I've heard a load of good reviews about them so it shouldn't be to bad :)

I've got night breaker plus bulbs in my car and I swear by them. They are night and day above standard bulbs. Most of my family use them now too, will have to get one for the bike

Apparently HID lights are a lot of faffing about, I'm going to see how these light breakers work if they're not great I'll upgrade to the HID kit maybe :)

I've heard a load of good reviews about them so it shouldn't be to bad :)

Well I fitted them to my tank yesterday - piece of piss. The only pfaffage was cutting a 25mm hole in the cap thingy. Took me about 15 mins all in. :-)