its service time!!!

I forgot about the arm :lol: it is sort of on bob but needs more work yet

It does fit straight on but I have to cut an exhaust mount off the frame to allow any travel which is done and I have to make some suspension mounts now and have it welded and that will be finished

It's pretty straight forward really

I saw that strainer and for a second thought you could probably melt it down and assemble a 125's gear box with the amount there! I thought the build up of metal shards on my gf's GSXRs sump plug was bad! This has put my mind at ease :lol:

I like the bracing on the swingarm, won't this affect unsprung weight though?

Forks rebuilt fitted new springs in them and heavier weight fork oil too :)

drilled the chewed up screws out of the bar end weights today and replaced with some stainless cap heads been meaning to do these for a few years :lol:

valve clearances checked too and all within spec so thats saved me a job 8-)

water pump cover re painted as it was showing signs of corrosion! still waiting for water pump seals before I can finish up with the engine!! once they come it will be back in the frame I think

First I have heard of that Steve!

The coating on the clutch cover is yellow too and not black

Mine is an early one too one of the first out and the clutch cover is fine

The only problem they had with the clutch cover I know of is it leaking

No recall on the clutch case for the R

http://www.dealerrater.com/recalls/Suzu ... 00R/#y1999

they didnt even recall the S when the clutch casing leaked they just released a new cover and seal...mine still has the OE cover the one that leaks!!! but if you know how to mod it it doesn't leak

so what your mate had done I will never know :?

dunno then must admit i have slept since i was told about it lol still as long as yours is fine you have the spare in ca se its needed

if his was an early one I reckon it was a leaking cover he had and got it upgraded :?

postie loves me!!!

2013-10-30 18.42.36.jpg

The K&N air filter and one oil filter are my brothers I just ordered the lot together to save post :lol:

I have a lot to do on my next day off with all these new bits!!

The stainless tube you see is for my exhaust as I'm fitting pipes off a TLR to clear the swingarm the front pipe hits the oil cooler!! so I will be cutting and welding the front pipe off my OE pipes and putting them on the R pipes! I will get it all in position and clamp it all up then remove for welding! I will weld the clamp then cut the clamp bolts off to leave a clean finish :mrgreen:

Busy day today went down to my lock up for an hour at 9.30 and came home at 4!!!! :lol:

this is how I left the engine when I was last there

IMG_0049.JPG

first job was to change the oil strainer as the old one wasn't too clever

old V's new

IMG_0060.JPG

slots in nicely and snugly here

IMG_0061.JPG

then on to the water pump seals...only 8 parts to fit!! a lot of parts for a small item!

first job was to knock this out of the casing it has to be knocked through from the back so its a casing off job but not so much of a problem as I need to replace the oil seal anyway

IMG_0056.JPG

new one fitted...bit of a crap pic but you can just make out the rubber seal which is spring mounted!

IMG_0059.JPG

oil seal pops in the back here

IMG_0057.JPG

casing back on with new gasket too impeller to go on the water pump drive with more seals!! no pics of the impeller though!

IMG_0062.JPG

freshly painted water pump cover fitted with it was starting to pit

IMG_0063.JPG

old seals well past their best!

IMG_0064.JPG

next was the crank cover seen as though I destroyed the old one!

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

throttle bodies fitted to engine

IMG_0065.JPG

I degreased the frame, swingarm and engine too then fitted the frame on to the engine!! then put the swingarm back on again followed by the rear suspension parts

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

and by the time I had finished it was looking more like a bike again :lol:

IMG_0070.JPG

easy when you know how :lol:

the hardest part is over (lifting the engine) :lol: next step is to get the mounts cut and welded to the swingarm then its start putting the bike back together and do other little jobs on the way like check all connections on the wiring loom

new plugs were fitted yesterday too

I have the exhausts apart too for repacking which can wait for now as I think putting them together is going to be a 2 man job!! the sleeves are a bit tight and the center tube is in 3 parts!! never seen exhausts like it to be honest :?

the hardest part is over (lifting the engine) :lol:

I did an engine change some years ago to my then nissan bluebird using my Dads garage but I ran out of time & had to get the rented engine hoist back to avoid another days rent anyhoo this meant the old engine wasn't hoisted into the boot etc so I dug a big hole in the nearby lawn & rolled old engine in to it. My Dad was away at the time & after I'd rolled the turf back you'd never tell, it's still there to this day, never told my Dad O:-)

the hardest part is over (lifting the engine) :lol:

I did an engine change some years ago to my then nissan bluebird using my Dads garage but I ran out of time & had to get the rented engine hoist back to avoid another days rent anyhoo this meant the old engine wasn't hoisted into the boot etc so I dug a big hole in the nearby lawn & rolled old engine in to it. My Dad was away at the time & after I'd rolled the turf back you'd never tell, it's still there to this day, never told my Dad O:-)

Absolute quality!

In hundreds of years time Tony Robinson will probably dig it up and they'll be able to do some sort of DNA reconstruction of your face or something.