its service time!!!

so its been too long since I touched my bike due to work and a bloody car that needed repairs!!

anyway had a few hours on it today

I set about making the mounts for the suspension on the TLR swingarm I have fitted

I started off with a bit of flat alloy bar 10mm thick cut in to 4 pieces and shaped in to mounts

theres not many pics as I just get on with it and forget to take pics plus its time consuming :lol:

pretty straight for a hacksaw :lol:

IMG_0073.JPG

and before I knew it the where shaped drilled and welded to the swingarm :lol:

IMG_0077.JPG

I also fitted the top yolks clipons forks and front wheel today too

IMG_0079.JPG

thats how I left it but I brought some work home with me! something that requires a bit of patience and decent light

IMG_0081.JPG

for all those wondering what I'm doing.....My bike in as import so has KPH clocks it has a converter but its crap and not accurate at all when the clocks are showing 40 your doing about 47 which is a bit wrong!! so I have got a set of UK clocks so I can dump the converter and hopefully be a bit more accurate

the only problem is the uk clocks are showing 7k on them and my bike has done over 37k!! this wouldnt be a problem to some people but I'm not dodgy so I'm adjusting the mileage on the UK clocks to match those off the OE clocks

the wires I'm soldering on are to adjust the mileage in the EEPROM chip :)

thanks Paul :thumb:

I just get in and do things always have and thats the way you learn :) even as kids me and my brothers would just take things apart to see how they work :? :lol:

as for the garage space it costs us enough but well worth it shame its not at my home though as the bike would probably be finished by now :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice productive day today

all brakes rebuilt and bled up clutch slave cylinder rebuilt and bled all switch gear fitted clock bracket fitted new larger rear sprocket fitted rear sets back on side stand on all wheels on radiator fitted oil cooler removed as I need to either move it or alter my new headers

ran into a problem with the side stand it was catching the bracing on the swingarm

2013-11-26 13.38.10.jpg

easy fix just weld a blob on to the side stand stop (no pics of the welding)

2013-11-26 13.38.22.jpg

I welded about 5mm on to the stop and now the stand clears about 15mm so jobs a good un

few pics of how it is sat now and of the braced swinger and the rear calipers.......I tend not to take many pics I just get on with it :lol:

2013-11-26 10.32.26.jpg

2013-12-03 16.13.34.jpg

2013-12-03 16.13.48.jpg

2013-12-03 16.14.02.jpg

2013-12-03 16.14.28.jpg

At this rate its going to be done before Christmas :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm where was I!!

been a while since I updated this :lol:

not done a lot really I have cut up exhausts and made them fit I have to fit R exhausts as the OE ones hit the swingarm bracing but the R pipes hit the oil cooler so I had to fit the front pipe from the S!

had to do a bit of stripping of one exhaust as they are covered in a ceramic coating but stainless underneath!! great idea suzuki!!

this is a pic of the ceramic coating

2013-12-19 15.20.22.jpg

about an hour with a wire wheel on a drill!!! what a twat it is to remove!! still a long way to go before its shiny!

2013-12-19 15.20.39.jpg

also I have rebuilt my cans with new packing need to get these polished up now

wiring loom just about fitted

I also got a speedo healer which I need to find a place to mount it! with the power commander and all extra wiring I have I'm running out of places to put things!

new larger rear sprocket fitted

I received a set of uk clocks to fit as mine are KPH but the mileage was a bit different so I did a bit of digging and found out how to alter the uk clocks to the same mileage as the OE clocks with a EEPROM programmer cost me about £10 to do and a few mins soldering on to the clocks just need to test them now!!

theres probably a host of other things I havent mentioned too :lol: :lol:

Nice one Stu......was wondering how you were getting on with the bike..... 8-) Bit of an a*se about the exhaust hitting the swing arm bracing......one job always creates another one..... :roll:

Did you think about getting the exhaust re-coated with ceramic rather than stripping it off?

cheers Bob

I knew the exhaust would catch the swinger and the options are to cut a slot out the bracing or fit R pipes and modify the cooling system which means fitting the R oil cooler which is water cooled rather than air except on a 97 model bike where the R cooler wont fit!! guess what....yup I have a 97 model :lol: so my option is to cut the front pipe and fit the pipe off the S to clear the oil cooler

the ceramic coating looks shite to be honest bob I would sooner have a few hours hard graft and have them nice and shiny

you can see in this pic before I removed the coating off the rear half of the pipes its all black and like a rust colour underneath

16032009209.jpg

and this was after I removed the rear half.....I did this over 4 years ago I just left the rest as it was hidden and a right pig to get off :lol:

IMAG0017(2).jpg

I think you will agree it looks miles better polished up than ceramic black shite coating :lol:

I'm liking that, loads better than the ceramic, I'm wondering about mine now :idea:

If yours are ceramic coated just be aware you need to set aside a lot of time and elbow grease as its a right pain in the arse to get off :lol:

I'm liking that, loads better than the ceramic, I'm wondering about mine now :idea:

If yours are ceramic coated just be aware you need to set aside a lot of time and elbow grease as its a right pain in the arse to get off :lol:

And you need the pipes off the bike to really get at them...... :wink:

Yeah....gotta agree Stu...the shiny finish is much better...... 8-)

great sense of achievement today :mrgreen:

fixed my clocks.........after I destroyed them :oops: :oops:

some of you may remember that I was fitting some MPH clocks and I was adjusting the mileage to suit the original mileage

flashed the new clocks all went well all the data was saved into the EEPROM all I had to do was plug them in and check them!! I plugged them in yesterday and they were dead!! bugger not good! changed the values in the EEPROM to see if I made a typo....still dead!

after lots of PM's with a guy in germany who was giving great advice I came to the conclusion that the clocks was not picking the info up from the EEPROM so unsoldered the EEPROM chip to find a land on the PCB was shot this was the main power to the EEPROM hence the no info

fitted the chip back and used a short piece of wire to fix the PCB and all works a treat :mrgreen:

I think I destroyed the PCB when I first soldered the wires to flash the EEPROM...too much heat I think!

nothing else to report I haven't had much chance to do anything :)

• 2 weeks later...

been a while since I updated this!!

now cant remember what I have done since I last posted :lol: :lol:

Wiring loom is all fitted all connectors cleaned up and tidied a load of wiring up which still looks like a birds nest :lol:

had to strip the brakes again as one of them started leaking! turns out it was a seal in the two halves so replaced the lot of them re bled them back up

aligned all my exhaust up ready for welding the other week so I thought I would try a bit of stainless welding! it worked :lol: its not the best but my exhaust hasn't fallen off :lol:

filled it with oil and water fuel tank back on battery in and had it running today .......fired straight up then died a few seconds later!! kept doing this till I could get some revs on but as soon as the revs dropped it kept dieing!! put it in dealer mode to check for any faults nothing! removed power commander still in dealer mode came up with a fault code that pointed to the Atmospheric pressure sensor....instantly I knew my mistake! I had unplugged it to route some wiring and forgot to plug it in :oops: :oops: ran a dream once plugged back in :lol: :lol:

also got myself a speedo healer with me running different gearing which I need to set up

2014-01-23 16.04.26.jpg

yeah not a lot to do at all Bob

I gave a few months yet so not rushing :lol:

still got the chain to go on yet then just the fairing really

probably a few other jobs too but I'm shit and forget :lol: