its service time!!!

I'm liking that, loads better than the ceramic, I'm wondering about mine now :idea:

If yours are ceramic coated just be aware you need to set aside a lot of time and elbow grease as its a right pain in the arse to get off :lol:

I once stripped some alloy wheels.

Nitromores, then sanded them down by hand going from 40grit to 2000 then autosol metal polish on a mop on a drill.

Took me 40+ hours.

Bit more work the other day

balanced the throttle bodies or should I say tried to!! no matter what I did at idle I could not get them to balance up so ended up pulling the throttle bodies of for inspection.......again!! replaced all vacuum hoses on them and made sure the air screws where ok and that the vents for the air screws were clear

fitted them back on and tried again and got them spot on so something somewhere was amis! all vac hoses looked good so either air was getting in somewhere or a air screw wasn't playing ball

this is as close as I could get them and that was with the air screws well out of spec!

2014-01-31 11.16.52.jpg

and this is after and with the air screws within spec

2014-01-31 11.16.38.jpg

airbox back on tank down and it runs sweet as a nut as usual :mrgreen:

rebuilt the steering damper with new oil too a few more fairing panels and infills gone on

2014-01-31 15.47.27.jpg

2014-01-31 15.46.53.jpg

discovered a water leak from the water pump cover too so new seal ordered for it

just need to fit the chain and rest of the rairings and its all done 8-)

• 2 weeks later...