Hand Guards

Can anyone tell me if Hand Guards are worth having to keep my hands warm during cold weather riding? A search of the internet brings mixed opinions, but I can't find any opinions on this forum.

I'm thinking of getting some for my Fazer 600 but don't want to waste my money if they are not worth having.

Cheers

John

I spent 70 on some barkbusters for my hornet, and they really do help. I'm not going to say they solve the freezing /cold/painful hands thing completely, but they definitely help, as the wind is deflected over your hands.

The ultimate solution is hand guards, handle bar muffs and heated grips. Guy I park up next to has this combination and he rides all year round in summer gloves that are so old they have big holes in them. The hand guard /handlebar muff combo helps stop the muffs hitting your brake lever at speed.

It's just a pisser that muffs and handguards don't really fit with the sportsbike look (well, none that I've seen anyway) and/or they foul the fairing and could cause steering issues or chafe. A set of those with heated grips would certainly take the edge off the winter mysery.

It's just a pisser that muffs and handguards don't really fit with the sportsbike look (well, none that I've seen anyway) and/or they foul the fairing and could cause steering issues or chafe. A set of those with heated grips would certainly take the edge off the winter mysery.

Heated gloves and grips, sorted. ;)