CBR125R Rear Brake pads, 'EBC Standard' or 'Kyoto Standard'?

NooBish-AbbZ

Hi guys, think my rear brake pads are totally worn out now. There's a certain metal-on-metal rubbing sound coming from rear wheel, unless there are any other suggestions from anyone?

But yeah, gone to look at getting some replacements, and am faced with a Kyoto standard or an EBC standard. Whats the difference and is there any way of checking which i need without removing my old pads to compare?

I have Kyoto front and back because they were the cheapest and at the time I didn't have much money, but they stop me just fine don't have any complaints about them.

Plus you get a free sticker with them!!!!!!!! :D

my main concern at first was i wasn't sure they were the same shape or for the same bikes. I didnt realise they were just a different brand :P

Am i right in guessing that it is brake pads that I need though? Certain metal on metal rubbing sound coming from my back wheel.

Any other possibilities other than that?

and thanks for all the replies guys

Well look at the pad, go to the back of the rear caliper and look at the pad which pushes against the disk.

A brake pad on the rear will look like a metal back plate with a pad of friction material on it.

If there is no material left and just a back plate it needs changing.

Take a picture and I will tell you for certain. Make sure its up close where I can see where the pad contacts the disc :thumb:

Yeah......I think you're down to the metal there..... :shock: New pads ASAP....and check the disk to make sure it's not deeply scored..... :wink:

EBC pads seem to be rated by a lot of people......use Carbone Lorraine pads myself..... 8-)