Honchin HX125-5

Guest Jpritchard

Hello.

I'm new to these threads and bikes in General.

I have just bought a Honchin HX125-5. Now I know i could have bought a real Honda rather than a replica which thinking about it I should have done, but Im just starting to ride and i like mechanics so I thought this would be a nice little project over the winter.

The person i bought this bike from (very cheap i may add) has told me its a Honda CB125 or a CG125 replica. Now its a 2003 plate, it doesnt start which im told is one of the cgi box's. its needs alot of tlc regarding re wiring of lights, ignition etc. The speedo is not the original one from the bike and the bracket does not fit this one and the ignition is non existant (I have done a check to make sure the bike is not stolen and I have done a DVLA check on the chasis number).

Just looking for a little advice on this bike as it would seem the internet does not seem to have any information. Apart from the log book telling me its a Honchin HX125-5 the bike has the logo HKMCO on it and engine has HKKYMCO on it.

Any help as to which parts i should be buying would be greatful.

Cheers in advance,

Jpritchard.

P.S i know im an idiot for buying this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well.....apart from Chinese bikes being made from cheese and string they're ok.... :lol: :lol:

As you are finding out, service information for some of these bikes is sketchy at best......try searching for Kymco.....but I think you'll find all that's available is some fairly generic "Chinese Bike" information..... :roll: I'm afraid you're likely to be spending more time on Google than you will riding it..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate.....but it don't bring up anything on Google......so the best you can do is get a Haynes generic Chinese bike manual and hope that there's a more popular bike about that shares some of the parts..... :shock:

I was told a honda cb 125 would match on most parts. but i dont know when they stopped making the cb125 so im not sure which year i should be buying parts from. also tried to match serial codes from the cdi box but its all in chinese

Unfortunately mate this is another of the downsides of the Chinese bikes......finding the right parts is a complete lottery.......you'll need to trawl eBay until you find something that looks the same...... :shock:

Chinese bikes have this poor reputation.....and it's not just snobbery on the part of other bike riders......but they can be extremely hard work keeping them on the road..... :roll:

The short answer to your question is......I don't know!! A CDI unit from a Honda CG125 MAY work....but you'll only know when you have it in your hands....sorry mate.... :(

As they are copycats, find out if it is a CG in there or an EN.

Then if you are handy with a spanner trawl ebay for a smashed one with functioning engine and electrics. I bought a working CG125, it had twisted forks, all fairings smashed and bought for £150. I transplanted the whole engine and electrics into a dirt bike that had blown the bottom end.

It worked, and I've often wondered what would happen if you did it to a chinese bike :lol:

Will you be our guinea pig!? :wink:

On this one there is no ignition or push Stařt button only two wires to start the bike. It really is a mess although I got the lights working and got it turning over but not firing

Hi guys.

Ive been told this is most likely a replica of the honda cb125 tdc. So now for fault finding. So far i have managed to get it turning over but as of yet, so spark. just wondering where i should start testing first?

as far as i can find tango no, ive looked at the ignition but no key, (was told it didnt have one and it ran without one) also im off to buy a new multimeter tomorrow as mine seems to have been borrowed and not returned so then ill check the coils and feeds.

Thanks again, will keep you updated.