Hi, i have been looking on ebay for gloves, and have narrowed it down to 3 pairs. Opinions? Wether i should bother with any or which ones look like they would hold up best. I think BUFFALO ones look strongest and more durable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200838211617? ... 248wt_1164

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350679632804? ... 623wt_1402

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290620469445? ... 514wt_1402

Pretty well worded reply there :D

Problem is all the bike shops around me have gloves either as thin as a wet paper bag, or in the price range of £130 for some high tech sports gloves :(

I know your pain! if you go to a motorcycle show, they quite often have stalls with last years stock on for cheap prices. A friend of mine picked up some SPADA gloves from one for about £20, bargain of the century!

The best gloves I've ever had are my Held summer gloves......which unfortunately are now showing their age....but I'll probably replace them with another pair...... 8-)

The thing that really bothers me with gloves are the seams that run up the sides of the thumb.....on some gloves these seams are so big that they dig into my thumbs and start hurting after a very short while..... :( The Held gloves seem to have quite flat seams in the thumbs....so I don't suffer the same problems with them. They're not cheap gloves.....but not hellish expensive either.....and there are some deals around. But if you're going to Motorcycle Live....then there should be plenty of choice there....and you get to try the gloves before you buy them...... 8-)

if you can, spend a little bit more money on a pair of gloves.

Spada and RST do a very good range of gloves and good prices. Check out sportsbikeshop.co.uk, they have a massive selection, and a very good returns policy.

if you're going to ride all year, then goretex gloves are well worth it, but they normally start around 100, so quite expensive.

but same as the helmet really, you need to try them on (hence the good returns policy on a website is a must), and also make sure that the cuff has a good fastener, you wouldn't want your gloves to get pulled off in the event of a crash...

I promise you this now though, try and buy the best gear you can afford now, as if you don't, you will only end up replacing what you buy now in a few months!

if you can, spend a little bit more money on a pair of gloves...

...I promise you this now though, try and buy the best gear you can afford now, as if you don't, you will only end up replacing what you buy now in a few months!

Wise man Dimmers says it all. :-)

if you can, spend a little bit more money on a pair of gloves...

...I promise you this now though, try and buy the best gear you can afford now, as if you don't, you will only end up replacing what you buy now in a few months!

Wise man Dimmers says it all. :-)

we've all been there and done it! :lol:

(and still doing it :roll:

Wise man dimmers :D

Definately not buying crap i think max budget for gloves will be £50. Jacket is £80 boots £100 helmet £149 trousers £80 all fairly decent brands and feels like good quality :)

Wise man dimmers :D

Definately not buying crap i think max budget for gloves will be £50. Jacket is £80 boots £100 helmet £149 trousers £80 all fairly decent brands and feels like good quality :)

pretty good budget you've got there mate, you should be able to get a good set of gear for that price!

If i fall off, i'm gonna do it in style! haha, only kidding ideally i will never have to use it for its purpose but i would rather buy good stuff now than find out it's useless 2cm from the tarmac.

I do have a leather frank thomas jacket, but that's going to be a "It's a nice summers day with no chance of rain let's bike!" kind of jacket :D

Found a nice pair at one of my "sort of local" shops where i picked up my jacket, they were £30 nice and thick warm RST gloves with knuckle protectors, quite pleased with the find!