Waterproof textiles not so waterproof

Hello all I went for a ride to look at a bike Wednesday only around 12 miles in light to medium rain and by the time I got there I was wet through in places.

I know you can get waterproofing spray and such but what is the best product? Any experience of certain products or recommendations?

Ta

Hello all I went for a ride to look at a bike Wednesday only around 12 miles in light to medium rain and by the time I got there I was wet through in places.

I know you can get waterproofing spray and such but what is the best product? Any experience of certain products or recommendations?

Ta

Fabsil is the best I've tried. I use it on my touring gear and the doris uses it on the roof of her Lotus. Pain a couple of coats on your stuff and you're set! :-)

just ordered some of this fabsil, i now have high hopes!!! :)

i quite like the fact that its an aerosol spray... i've used nikwax in the past and it drips/runs all over the place, and hasn't really worked that well.

i'll keep you posted

(love the TMBF for tips like this! :thumb:

I used to use Fabsil on the old canvas tents we had years ago.......seemed to work pretty good on them....... 8-)

But....to the OP.......getting 100% waterproof motorcycle gear is the Holy Grail of bikers......we've all heard of it....but no one has ever seen it...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I used to use Fabsil on the old canvas tents we had years ago.......seemed to work pretty good on them....... 8-)

But....to the OP.......getting 100% waterproof motorcycle gear is the Holy Grail of bikers......we've all heard of it....but no one has ever seen it...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Not entirely true - I have some Lewis trousers that are waterproof but they are not even slightly breathable so make you damp (and eventually cold) anyway

• 2 weeks later...