Bike to bike radio

Hello,

Can anyone recomend a good Bike to Bike radio for around £30-£40? Range doesn't need to be far, ideally voice activated but won't get activated by wind (if possible). Have read up a little bit, but not 100% sure what to go for so peoples personal opinions would be great!

Hello,

Can anyone recomend a good Bike to Bike radio for around £30-£40? Range doesn't need to be far, ideally voice activated but won't get activated by wind (if possible). Have read up a little bit, but not 100% sure what to go for so peoples personal opinions would be great!

Have a look at these....http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearch?criteria=Two%20Way%20Radios

You'll struggle on that budget

Google/amazon/ebay 'Cobra MT' they do a dual radio set with all the bits and a push to talk button for the handlebars. I think they have a voice activated option but never tried it myself. Theyre about 60 quid a pair.

PMR radios are not great for bike to bike as they tend to sound rubbish at higher speeds. £30-£40 will compound the problem further. The range is 6km in clear sight, but put a chap reading the paper inbetween and you're going to see the range reduced to all of about 40cm.

best advice - save your money up and buy scala rider - or other similar kit.

Hello,

Have a look at these....http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearch?criteria=Two%20Way%20Radios

Yeah... I was after peoples personal opinion not just a link to a website, i think i can use google to find a store.

This Cobra MT any good al_stu? I can always push the budget up a bit if it's worth it.

Hello,

Yeah... I was after peoples personal opinion not just a link to a website, i think i can use google to find a store.

This Cobra MT any good al_stu? I can always push the budget up a bit if it's worth it.

Sorry I should have said that I have used the Binatone ones for years and found them ok but they were difficult to find a mic for with the correct size jack....I have also used the Cobra which I found just as good if not slightly better... :seeya: