Red Dwarf (TV)

dimmers

ok, so i used to love this program back in my teen years, and stopped watching it when Kochanski came back in... but i've only just found out that they've made even more episodes recently, like in the last few years!

Are these any good?

I'm guessing from the fact i haven't heard about them that they're not really that good, and that Craig Charles should have probably just stuck with Takeshi's Castle :lol: :lol:

first few series were absolutely brilliant! fav episode has got to be the Despair Squid.

:cheers:

yes, they did remake a few new episodes with the backing of Dave. They (in my opinion) did a couple of things wrong.

1. They used modern special effects

2. They tried too hard to be funny

3. They focused on the wrong characters too much

It wasn't well received by me and amongst my friends, who all wanted it to be great. :(

yes, they did remake a few new episodes with the backing of Dave. They (in my opinion) did a couple of things wrong.

1. They used modern special effects

2. They tried too hard to be funny

3. They focused on the wrong characters too much

It wasn't well received by me and amongst my friends, who all wanted it to be great. :(

that was part of why it was so great back in the first few series, the special effects being crap, and it just being more about Rimmer and Lister, and how they dislike each other so much.

might still check out the new series, just to see for myself, but another part of me doesn't want to ruin what i remember as being a great tv show.

I forgot to add, they used real swear words, which in my opinion detracted from what made the show so clever. They could use words that sounded like cursing, but actually were completely made up, or before that time, not swear words.

delving into a list of swear words and choosing a half offensive word, for me, just wasn't as good as it once was. Plus that, when you called your mates a smeg head, it had 2 meanings. One was "you're a smeg head" the other was "I watch red dwarf every Friday night, look how edgy I am!"

I have the first 8 series on DVD and watched them to death, hated back to earth.

I actually thought they did a good job with series 10 on Dave with there being such a big gap, it did seem to flow with the way the show was heading.

Can't possibly name a best episode because there were so many.

If you didn't watch the later series I would definitely give them a watch.

I made the decision to leave the room when my family watched the Dave episodes, and from what they tell me it wasn't a bad move. Absolutely love the old episodes, didn't think they'd manage to match the standard.

Waiting for God was the best episode for me!