1988 Yamaha TZR 125 Restoration :)

">

Stuuu.....

You're going to have to tell me what I'm doing wrong... :lol:

Anywayyyy...

The bike is running and idling nicely, I couldn't give it a proper rev because I don't have the right switch attached which keeps the throttle together :( and I was holding my phone :lol:

I now need to start doing cosmetic work on her :)

• 3 months later...
Hey guys and girls as some of you are aware I panic bought a a yamaha TZR 125 in the hopes of restoring it :)

The panels are in pretty decent condition, fair bit of surface rust around the bike, seized engine, no electrics other old bike stuff :)

My first job was to try and get the engine running freely again, which with plenty of penetrating oil and 2 stroke oil finally came free :D

Second job was the electrics which are definitely not my strongest but I managed to get the indicators working, ignition working and the lights in the clocks working again :)

The wires are in an absolute shit condition which I think to save time and me giving up on it getting an auto electrician to wire my bike up when it's all looking pretty but for now I'll pick your brains for help :)

Anyway I'll upload some pictures when I'm home :)

Wish me luck :D

Oh and any ideas of what colours I should paint it would be good, I'm thinking back to original but I've seen a few ideas which I like :)

Remember this is going to be a slow moving project so bare with me :)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6138/usx6.jpg

Hey dude, just wondering if you would know how to set up the timing on the tzr2rk properly ? Any tips or clues and where to buy the correct puller

Regards

Scott

Hey dude

If you have a gander through the pages you'll see that my engine was beyond repair and I decided to buy a new engine :)

Sorry I couldn't be any more help :(

In other news, no interesting updates on my tzr other than I've finally got the V5 for it :lol:

Hey dude

If you have a gander through the pages you'll see that my engine was beyond repair and I decided to buy a new engine :)

Sorry I couldn't be any more help :(

In other news, no interesting updates on my tzr other than I've finally got the V5 for it :lol:

Okay dude not to worry thank you for replying through the tzr is getting there dude

• 3 months later...
Just had a little read of this again :)

Mr Ricky, get me a full diagnosis on that engine :wink:

I've brought a few engines from the brink back to good serviceable condition but there is a point where the cost would extend so high you may as well buy a second engine and let me rebuild that instead so you have a properly fresh unit

Hi Fozzie, i know its a long shot as this is an old post but i seen you were pretty close to me on the map and i'm in serious need of help with my '88 TZR if you could contact me somehow through TMBF it would be much appreciated.

Just had a little read of this again :)

Mr Ricky, get me a full diagnosis on that engine :wink:

I've brought a few engines from the brink back to good serviceable condition but there is a point where the cost would extend so high you may as well buy a second engine and let me rebuild that instead so you have a properly fresh unit

Hi Fozzie, i know its a long shot as this is an old post but i seen you were pretty close to me on the map and i'm in serious need of help with my '88 TZR if you could contact me somehow through TMBF it would be much appreciated.

Welcome to TMBF mate......pop over to the Newbies section and say hi to the guys...... 8-)

You could try PM'ing Fozzie and see if he can help... :wink:

On the map if you think I live in Lymm yes, but while Lymm is my home base, I work in London 5 days a week and stay down here most of the time now for the next year or two :wink:

Ricky was lucky that I was up for a week to rebuild his YZF-R top end, and give pointers for the TZR. We'd have been flying if we had more than a day to do it all!

Throw up a question on pitstop if you have engine troubles.