Getting ready

How long does it take you in the morning?

And by getting ready i mean your bike gear, not your morning shower ^^

Takes me (timed myself!) 2:33 minutes to get boots on, jacket on and tightened, mask tied up and helmet over then gloves pulled on and tightened (still got to get trousers so i would say 3minutes) and i'm ready to rock.

No actual benefit to this, i'm just curious :D

Errrm...about 15 minutes, sometimes a bit longer... :oops: . And I just got my back protector through today - ANOTHER LAYER!!!! :shock:

Not to suit up tho, I half suit up then do outdoorsy bit, then finish mostly suiting up, then helmet and gloves outside. Goes a little something like this:

> Pink legwarmers (over my work trousers to stop em rolling up and cos there's a small gap btwn bike boots and trousers)

> Bikey non-waterproof textile trousers (with thermal lining in!)

> Bikey boots, tie laces and fasten velcro

> Knee protectors strapped on (I may soon be ditching these for Forcefield knee protectors inside bikey trousers)

> Find keys, go outside

> Flop on floor, undo and remooove bike cover. Unlock big chain, then disc lock, then bring it back indoors. If I didn't put cover on and it's rained - towel time!

> Put on leather jacket. Zip up jacket at sides.

> Put on neckwarmer. Feed headphones through it from underneath, but zip up leather jacket so cable is outside of it. Put phone in backpack. Fasten reflective rain cover.

> If raining put on waterproof trousers and waterproof jacket. Look like a noob.

> Plug headphones into phone, find a playlist, select good song, get ready to sing/wail for next 20-25 mins.

> Grab helmet and gloves, leave, lock back door.

> Adjust neckwarmer so it stays up when helmet goes on. Put helmet on.

> Start bike. Put gloves on.

> Smile the whole way to work, filter like crazy, laugh maniachally at all the cagers, but politely thank them for letting me in, even though they don't have a choice. :lol:

Apparently it's a woman's perogative to take her time? Or I'm just slow and special.... :angel1:

Erm, about 5 minutes but I've never really taken much notice :/

Boots, leather trousers, leather jacket, gloves and a helmet :)

The leathers zip together which is sometimes a pain :)

All part of the fun :D

:cheers:

Errrm...about 15 minutes, sometimes a bit longer... :oops: . And I just got my back protector through today - ANOTHER LAYER!!!! :shock:

Not to suit up tho, I half suit up then do outdoorsy bit, then finish mostly suiting up, then helmet and gloves outside. Goes a little something like this:

> Pink legwarmers (over my work trousers to stop em rolling up and cos there's a small gap btwn bike boots and trousers)

> Knee protectors strapped on (I may soon be ditching these for Forcefield knee protectors inside bikey trousers)

> Find keys, go outside

> Flop on floor, undo and remooove bike cover. Unlock big chain, then disc lock, then bring it back indoors. If I didn't put cover on and it's rained - towel time!

> Put on neckwarmer. Feed headphones through it from underneath, but zip up leather jacket so cable is outside of it. Put phone in backpack. Fasten reflective rain cover.

> If raining put on waterproof trousers and waterproof jacket. Look like a noob.

> Plug headphones into phone, find a playlist, select good song, get ready to sing/wail for next 20-25 mins.

> Smile the whole way to work, filter like crazy, laugh maniachally at all the cagers, but politely thank them for letting me in, even though they don't have a choice. :lol:

Apparently it's a woman's perogative to take her time? Or I'm just slow and special....

:angel1:

this does not surprise me, women take forever to get ready!!!

:seeya:

> Find keys, go outside

Apparently it's a woman's perogative to take her time? Or I'm just slow and special....

:angel1:

this does not surprise me, women take forever to get ready!!!

:seeya:

5mins.jpg.4641dceafce2670530bf54c5209adfd6.jpg

Screeeeew yooooooooou!! I had to grab my backpack - I thought I had it on then realised NO IT'S THE BLOODY NEW BACK PROTECTOR NOT MY FRIGGIN BACKPACK!! Not that it's annoying or anything...

...AND I was ready before you both when leaving the arcade, so NER! :lol:

Finally got my last piece of gear (trousers!) £50 down from £175 (was reduced to £100 but i argued down as i was buying a bike there!) Adds about 2 minutes on but i think thats because i'm still awkward getting them over my boots!!

So a rough estimate of 5 minutes to get clothed up and then quick warm up of bike while i open gates and lock up and i'm good to go :D