Whats wring with my Honda Dylan 125cc

Guest billysteadman

Welcome to TMBF mate......pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys and girls on here when you can...... 8-)

OK.....you've checked the oil level, right?......if it's not low oil or needing an oil change it could be the valve clearances need looking at...... :wink: Failing that, it could be a little more serious.....but cross that bridge after you've checked these things first..... :wink:

Welcome to TMBF mate......pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys and girls on here when you can...... 8-)

OK.....you've checked the oil level, right?......if it's not low oil or needing an oil change it could be the valve clearances need looking at...... :wink: Failing that, it could be a little more serious.....but cross that bridge after you've checked these things first..... :wink:

hello thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply ive checked the oil its nice and clear i never worked on bikes before how do i do the valve clearances

I don't actually know this bike.....but if there's a Haynes manual available for it, that will be a good investment. Describing the valve adjustment is kinda hard if you don't know much about the bikes engine.....but the Haynes manuals normally describe it pretty well..... 8-)

How's the bike running?

Also, have you checked the oil level according to the handbook?......dunno if this bike has a sight glass or a dipstick......but the owners manual....or, again, the Haynes manual will tell you exactly how to check it...... 8-)

I don't actually know this bike.....but if there's a Haynes manual available for it, that will be a good investment. Describing the valve adjustment is kinda hard if you don't know much about the bikes engine.....but the Haynes manuals normally describe it pretty well..... 8-)

How's the bike running?

Also, have you checked the oil level according to the handbook?......dunno if this bike has a sight glass or a dipstick......but the owners manual....or, again, the Haynes manual will tell you exactly how to check it...... 8-)

yh the bike is running sweet no loss of power no chugging but the noise sounds horrible it has a dip stick i will invest in a haynes manual aswell

Unfortunately mate it's really difficult to diagnose something like this on a video........you really need to be stood by the bike and have a good listen to where the noise is coming from..... :? You can use a long screwdriver and put the blade against the engine at various places and put your ear on the handle (kinda crude stethoscope) to listen to where the noise seems to be coming from....at least to work out if it's from the top or bottom end of the engine..... 8-)