Sunday 10th November - M25 'Ring of Red'

Nice idea. What were you thinking? Full lap?

If the weather is OK - Then 'probably'. Otherwise, just as far as I feel like it (couple of junctions, or whatever).

Just looking to 'group up' for the ride down to the event.

You in?

8-)

I`m horse racing at Sandown Park on the Saturday so I`m guessing I`ll be pretty much beered up to be able to ride on the Sunday, otherwise I`d have loved to have rode along. I`ll wear my poppy though with pride.

Yeah, I'll jump on that band wagon so long as it's not hacking it down.

I don't have anything red though, the colour clashes with my eyes. :crybaby:

Bought myself a 'luxury' Rain Poncho (red) for less than a tenner including postage.

It's about the only thing which will fit over the top of my textile jacket.

:cheers:

I have a large red Spitfire T-shirt (the beery kind). It has 'No Fokker comes close' on the back.

Do you think that may be a bit irreverent though?

One with a Sopwith Camel would be quite good.

Ok.

Weather looks good (but cold) for the Sunday.

I will be leaving the Black Bull at Brampton (PE28 4PF) at 10:00am so we get to South Mimms in good time (for a 'visit' and a cuppa) before the 'off'.

If you decide to join in, just get to the pub before 10am and we will ride down together with the slowest bike leading (basically A1 south all the way). It will not be a 'race'!

See you there?

:cheers:

I'm definitely going - should be there for 10am - if not I'll make my own way there

I think I'm going to need layers and my textiles for warmth so I'm not sure that the big red t-shirt is going to work - I'll find something though

Hahaha, you leg-ends! Looks like a fab day - wonderful weather for a ride...mine is at work cos I forgot waterproofs on Friday and got a lift home haha! :shock:

So good to see you back on the bike GOG - how was it? And Mandy did you go on Kermit? :mrgreen:

I ended up going on to Clacket lane and stopped for a burger and a chat before heading back.

I'll upload my photos when I've thawed out.

Took Bonnie - thought Kermit might get a bit uncomfortable for a longer journey. Mind you, he does have heated grips.

220 mile day out in the cold - was worth it though to see bikes off ahead and behind you for as far as you can see. The groups didn't quite manage to join up - not enough bikes and a few timing issues. They're planning on making it an annual event though

The Ring of Red facebook page says we did it!

The guys at Clacket Lane didn't seem to think we'd quite managed to join up all the groups but I guess there may just have been a few gaps.

The M11 Birchanger lane group joined the M25 as we were passing the junction - they should have been ahead of us to meet the Thurrock lot