It's Movember Again.......!!

Tango

Come on guys (and some of the gals..... :wink: ).....get them moustaches growing in November.....or support some of us that are growing them in aid of a great charity.

Prostate cancer will affect a good many of us fella's at some point.....but it's the poor relation in terms of "popular" cancers that attract a lot of attention and fundraising......so it's our chance to raise the profile of this disease and hopefully raise plenty of money to go into the research for treatment and a cure.... 8-) Currently prostate cancer is treatable but not curable......but with adequate funding who knows what will be possible in the future.... 8-)

Like Breast Cancer, prostate cancer is treatable (and quite successfully) if caught in the early stages......but, unlike breast cancer, there is very little in the way of routine screening for it.

So.....please sign up or donate to raise the profile and help with the research into this very common cancer...... :)

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/2690344

Good stuff mate. The other half threatened me with Muffvember if I did it this year so I'm giving it a miss. :shock:

I've chingled a few quid in to the coffers - don't forget the pics! :-)

I can't grow a moustache... :cry:

I'm 23 so to be fair it's not like I'm too young, but after 2 weeks I had about 2mm of stubble... It sort of grows in a tony stark fashion with not much on the cheeks and it's soft.

But my brother does this as he can go full Gandalf in days let alone weeks :lol:

My Grandad who is in his 90's was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year.

So obviously I will be giving generously to this cause, even if I can't contribute my own facial hair!

Thanks to Mr Fro and Tank Bag for their donations......all I've got to do now is make sure I don't forget about it while shaving......I'll have to tie a knot in something......hmmm, if only!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Prostate cancer will affect a good many of us fella's at some point.....but it's the poor relation in terms of "popular" cancers that attract a lot of attention and fundraising......

Are you saying that boobs are more popular than prostates?! Never!!! :lol:

Ok, so I thought a prostate was somewhere near the bum hole...how wrong I was!! Just a bit of info for people who don't know what it is and how to spot early signs of prostate cancer:

The prostate, found only in men, is located below the bladder. It produces some of the fluid in semen and is crucial to a man's sex life. The prostate fluid nourishes and protects sperm during intercourse and forms the bulk of ejaculate volume."

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK, with more than 30,000 men diagnosed annually.

Around 10,000 men die from it every year, making it the second most common cause of cancer deaths in men after lung cancer.

Most men with early prostate cancer have no symptoms at all. Some of the symptoms of prostate cancer below can also be caused by other prostate problems.

Symptoms of all prostate problems include:

needing to urinate often, especially at night

difficulty starting to urinate

straining to urinate or taking a long time to finish

pain when urinating or during sex

Other less common symptoms include:

pain in the lower back

blood in the urine

Just thought I'd share that. So yes, an awesome cause, and I will be donating post-payday thanks to splashing out on a back protector and new knee pads etc this month.

:lol: :lol: I'll probably wear the Movember T-shirt for the update pics..... :wink:

Not shaving today......when I do shave I'll have to make sure I don't shave the Mo off.....but once I've got a couple of days growth there it'll be a bit easier..... :wink: Still not decided on the style yet..... :?

Prostate cancer will affect a good many of us fella's at some point.....but it's the poor relation in terms of "popular" cancers that attract a lot of attention and fundraising......

Ok, so I thought a prostate was somewhere near the bum hole...how wrong I was!! Just a bit of info for people who don't know what it is and how to spot early signs of prostate cancer:

The prostate, found only in men, is located below the bladder. It produces some of the fluid in semen and is crucial to a man's sex life. The prostate fluid nourishes and protects sperm during intercourse and forms the bulk of ejaculate volume."

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK, with more than 30,000 men diagnosed annually.

Around 10,000 men die from it every year, making it the second most common cause of cancer deaths in men after lung cancer.

Most men with early prostate cancer have no symptoms at all. Some of the symptoms of prostate cancer below can also be caused by other prostate problems.

pain in the lower back

blood in the urine

Just thought I'd share that. So yes, an awesome cause, and I will be donating post-payday thanks to splashing out on a back protector and new knee pads etc this month.

The only pain I get during sex is when she punches me and says "GERROFF"...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pain in the lower back

blood in the urine

The only pain I get during sex is when Stu punches me and says "GERROFF"...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

• 4 weeks later...

Well.....owing to a slight glitch with Mandy's KackBerry, the Mo was given a last outing today..... :wink:

Many thanks to those that made donations......it is all for a very good cause......and one that is very close to my heart...... :thumb:

The end of the Mo is in sight.......but here is the photographic evidence of the offending article..... :lol: :lol:

444045818_MosLastOuting2.thumb.JPG.3d5aa2b929c279a1fb2d745db4a146d5.JPG