Bloody cold!

min200

Heated grips are good don't get me wrong but all they do is heat your palms which doesn't get the brunt of the cold wind anyway :/

I still love them and can't wait to get my YZF back which has them on :P

My nipples almost froze and droppedoff this morning at 7:45!!

Shivering as I walked in to work. I can't actually fit anymore layers on now. Need decent thermals.

Still got November, December, January and February yet :cry: . Wasn't bad on the journey home though 8-) .

My nipples almost froze and droppedoff this morning at 7:45!!

Shivering as I walked in to work. I can't actually fit anymore layers on now. Need decent thermals.

Still got November, December, January and February yet :cry: . Wasn't bad on the journey home though 8-) .

Aaaaaaaaaarghhh :crybaby:

Are heated grips easy to fit? Been considering some of these...

Yea fairly easy you need a relay but thats not hard to set up then its just a case of pulling off your current grips putiibg on the new ones then running the wires aroubd the handle bars.

But like tango said for pure luxury get some good muffs fitted as well.

Toasty :-)

my thermal layers went back in the other week, just started a new job at which I'll be starting at 4:30 some mornings so that means leaving at 4am brrrrrr!! don't think me or the bike are going to enjoy that.

my inner lining went in last month. neck warmer went on this week. Will look at getting my heated grips working this coming weekend (they have no relay on them, just wired directly to the battery, so need to remedy that). I still have a thermal base layer to add if things start getting chilly - but I'm too warm at the moment!

i'm getting me some heated inner gloves soon! Keis make some for around 50 quid

I would suggest caution on the heated gloves/inners. I bought a pair a few years ago that ran off a couple of AA batteries; I turned them on - ready to be embroiled in the majesty of toasty hands but instead they started smoking profusely and nearly caught fire. Straight in the bin they went! :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
i'm getting me some heated inner gloves soon! Keis make some for around 50 quid

I would suggest caution on the heated gloves/inners. I bought a pair a few years ago that ran off a couple of AA batteries; I turned them on - ready to be embroiled in the majesty of toasty hands but instead they started smoking profusely and nearly caught fire. Straight in the bin they went! :shock:

I've just ordered some heated inner glove liners. I've gone for the Gerbing ones.

Probably the most expensive pair you can buy at £85, but they do have a lifetime guarantee on the heating elements and come with an inline 3 setting controller.

I wouldn't have thought they'd last so long running off AA batteries anyway, but sounds like you had a lucky escape. If they'd have done that while riding it could have led to a rather nasty accident.