Only gone and passed Mod 2 first time!!!

Test was Friday lunchtime in some pretty heavy rain. I was soooooo nervous, I'd been awake worrying since 2am.

I really thought I'd failed on a couple of things as it really was the worst ride ever.

Instructor kept me guessing for a good five minutes, telling me about where I went wrong, before telling me "so, it's a pass!!!"

Took until yesterday to finally sink in that I have a motorbike licence :-)

Now the real learning can begin............. going to spend the winter months looking for a bigger bike!!

A HUGE thanks to everyone on the forum for all your help and advice. Back in April I was the very nervous newbie who took 3 attempts to crack CBT!!

Took the test at Burton Upon Trent.

Not sure what bike to be honest, I'm toying with the idea of maybe a ninja 250 to build more skills and confidence for a year, or go straight to an ER6, as I learnt on an ER6 and found it good fun.

I currently have a little cbr125 in the repsol colours, hence the forum name!!

Not sure what bike to be honest, I'm toying with the idea of maybe a ninja 250 to build more skills and confidence for a year, or go straight to an ER6, as I learnt on an ER6 and found it good fun.

Congrats on the pass!!

buy the bike you see yourself riding in 2years time, not the bike you think you need to get more practice.

I reckon you'll get bored of the 250 very quickly after riding an ER6.

Well done, Al-stu is moving down your way next week if you want some company. Course he didn't pass first time so don't rub it in too much. As to your first bike, the insurance will be horrendous until you've got a year or two's no-claim. Alex is on a Yamaha 600 for his first year and hoping to trade up in the spring.

Congratulations.

It's a great feeling to have a bike licence.

I'd go straight for the bigger bike to be honest otherwise you'll be riding around wishing you were riding a bigger bike.