Sad times :(

bex

So.......I bought a bike at the beginning of the year if some of you remember.

I just sold it.

:( I am about to delve into the horrible world of 4 wheels again for the winter. I didn't particularly like the bike anyway and with uni being as mad as it is I haven't had time for myself let alone anything else so common sense has kicked in and the bike is gone. What an expensive few months that was.

Don't worry though I will be back on 2 wheels by the spring :D

If you can only have one vehicle through the winter, it has to be a car. It makes sense on many levels.

Noooooooo !

For this winter I intend to have two vehicles :shock: , last winter did the VN no end of harm :(

So for this years salting I will have the Divvi back ot the road, see doesn't have to be a car :D

If you can only have one vehicle through the winter, it has to be a car. It makes sense on many levels.

Noooooooo !

For this winter I intend to have two vehicles :shock: , last winter did the VN no end of harm :(

So for this years salting I will have the Divvi back ot the road, see doesn't have to be a car :D

Hehe! Fair enough. I went through a coupla winters of only having the bike to rely on, so didn't know any different at the time.

Now I have two bikes, two cars and a van... you can guess which get used the least in the bad weather, haha!

Think I've grown soft...

good chance to save up bex and get something you like this time.... will never forget that long ride back to wales and having to haul you off the bike when your leg seized up .....your a trooper hun, cant wait to see what you get next x

Sensible plan!

Liquidate your assets over winter, reduce your tax and insurance liabilities to zero, save cash and re-invest in spring when same model will be year older and cheaper... Makes perfect financial sense - we should all do this :)

Yeah the theory is good, save pennies, but the aspect of buying and insuring a car when you have not owned a car for 8 years or more and from what I can tell car companies don't give two hoots for your NCB on bikes. I fear I am about to be bent over and shafted for insurance.

good chance to save up bex and get something you like this time.... will never forget that long ride back to wales and having to haul you off the bike when your leg seized up .....your a trooper hun, cant wait to see what you get next x

This is another reason, as the cold and damp is setting in I am having new problems, Tbh they not helped by the 3 miles I walk most days but I am actually considering the docs cos the noises the knee makes are not good.

But also my knee rubs on the fairing of this bike so that is one reason for the change.

Yeah, don't leave it bex......knees are a bugger when they start playing up......so get it sorted while you are still young...... :)

Shame about the bike......but hopefully you'll be back on 2 wheels again next spring..... 8-)

Hi Bex, get your knees checked over, if a noise was coming from the bike you would be worried and straight onto it. If your knees have a say in what's best for winter they will say the car the route to go. As for insurance, shop hard and shop around bat one off against the other until you get a figure that realistic and suites. I came very close to selling my Busa after last years quote, this year l went with another company and got the very same policy for almost half the price. Loyalty means nothing these days.

Yeah the theory is good, save pennies, but the aspect of buying and insuring a car when you have not owned a car for 8 years or more and from what I can tell car companies don't give two hoots for your NCB on bikes. I fear I am about to be bent over and shafted for insurance.

If you're struggling for insurance then let me know and I will get you a quote for you car.

Bikesure are part of a larger company called Adrian Flux and I'll sort you out some discount for being on the forum and previously insured with us too.

PM me if you want me to give you a call.

Thanks

Barry