Handlebar Muffs V Heated Grips ( Which do you prefer?)

Now that the colder mornings are here i have decided to invest in some eqp to keep my fingers warm . I have been looking at the Oxford heated grips but i have read that even when you switch them off they still can drain your battery ( is that true :?: ) I would have thought once switched off they would be ok . So i have been looking at the Oxford muffs any advice on which you guys prefer would be great

Cheers

Well I like a good muff... :angel12: (sorry)

I've used Oxford heated grips for years and not had any issues whatsoever. I've certainly not had any problems with battery drainage.

There's been discussion around this topic before. I think the conclusion was along the line of: grips are great but only really heat your palm at speed, muffs are great at speed but can get soggy and don't always look the best.

Maybe both?

If l had no choice and had to ride through the winter it would have to be both. Both have there merits. Keeping warm and dry is the name of the game in winter.

Got heated grips fitted this year and there ace no probs at all, the new ones turn off if battery power drops, I've tried muffs in the past don't like them think I'd prefer hand guards, but these days I just prefer the car lol

+1 for grips. I have oxford ones and they are ace, they might only heat your palms but the blood pumping through your arms carries the heat up into the arms and trunk of your body. The difference is really astounding.

I have had muffs, but find them awkward and they tend to foul the controls.

I am thinking of adding bar guards as a windbreak as well as hot grips.

I use both in winter, Heated grips heat up the inside of the muffs, Still no good at 1 degree and 60 mph!!!

As for the grips draining the battery, I fitted a car relay under the seat which is connected to the horn circuit, when the ignition is off the heated grips wont work, I decided to do this after turning up to work for a 12 hour shift and forgetting to turn my grips off, Battery was completely flat when I wanted to go home?!?

• 1 month later...

Use both in the really cold, like when we pop up to Wales in Feb (Dragon Rally) heated body warmer as well this year!

Latest Oxford grips are wired direct to the battery but have a clever circuit that turns them off if you forget, work too.

I have heated grips and keep some over gloves in my bag. If weather is good, I'm using my all-season gloves. When it's colder or raining, I put the over gloves on top of the gloves. When it's really cold, I turn on the grips too.

Was thinking about fitting the hand guards, but they will look out of place on a CBR...

I have heated grips and keep some over gloves in my bag. If weather is good, I'm using my all-season gloves. When it's colder or raining, I put the over gloves on top of the gloves. When it's really cold, I turn on the grips too.

Was thinking about fitting the hand guards, but they will look out of place on a CBR...

You may fins that the handguards may hit the fairing when you are turning near max lock......but most of these handguards can be fitted and removed pretty quickly....so once the weather improves you can whip them off and save them for next winter..... 8-)

Heated grips are normally the second thing I buy/fit to any new bike (a Scottoiler being the first)

I've got Oxford heated grips on my Honda Blackbird and they are nice and toasty, but I've decided to cheat (must be my age) and I've bought myself a set of Tucano Urbano handlebar muffs as well.