Always sleepy..

Glorian

Do any of you wake up in the morning and just never properly wake up? I usually find its about 4/5pm before i'm fully awake!! I sleep for around 8 hours 9:30/10pm to 5:30am, no caffeine except maybe a tea around 10am, really makes me not want to get the bike in the mornings and just use the car!

I can 100% sympathise with this. I have to give myself ages to wake up before I consider going to work otherwise I just won't function. If it wasn't for my job I would be almost nocturnal!

My girlfriend on the other hand wakes up and is rushing about immediately trying to get stuff done while I try to figure out what's happening...

That sounds like my life :) Girlfriend runs about super awake and i'm like i've been out on the lash and can't wake up, i have got to a stage i set 3 alarms and have to throw myself out the bed or i won't wake up! wish i was a morning person..

It might be that your having too much sleep

Try for 7 hours instead

It sounds mad but the older you get the less you need

I'm only 23! Might try this though see if it helps, i try to avoid caffeine, dislike coffee and i shouldn't drink redbull due to a minor addiction to it :D

absolutely none?

i mean i dont drink often, i might have a southern comfort lemonade once a week or a pint with my sunday dinner but thats about all

Pint of Southern Comfort!!!! No wonder you can't wake up in the mornings! :shock:

if only! :wink:

Pint of some adnams usually :)

I'm up at 6am most days, sometimes 5am, always the first out of bed, and always the last one to sleep :thumb:

I go to the gym 3 times a week as well, have an hour commute each way and I often feel fine. It depends how you view the day, I look forward to getting home so I can do something else than work, rather than sitting down and relaxing. A power nap can help on some especially long days though :)

My advice is a bit of exercise or just a change to the way you think could help :thumb:

I'm up at 6am most days, sometimes 5am, always the first out of bed, and always the last one to sleep :thumb:

I go to the gym 3 times a week as well, have an hour commute each way and I often feel fine. It depends how you view the day, I look forward to getting home so I can do something else than work, rather than sitting down and relaxing. A power nap can help on some especially long days though :)

My advice is a bit of exercise or just a change to the way you think could help :thumb:

May have to go down gym some more then :P currently do boxing wednesdays got a spin class starting friday so if i can squeeze in a monday visit might get my energy going!

6/7 hours sleep and drink lots of water during the day.

as you dehydrate, you get sleepy.

forget redbull and coffee, you dont need them, water will keep you wide away!

Gonna try the water thing!

And should try the excercise thing. Tho I used to cycle 9 miles round trip to and from work daily for a year and felt exactly the same as I do now.

I'm always a bit tired but mentally completely insane and never wanting to sleep! Sleep is a waste of life on week/workdays, but partial to a lie in til 10ish on a weekend day 8-) .

Moo is v late to go to bed, always up later than I want to be for work. Work is crazy busy and often a lot on my plate tho. Need an off switch!

One wee think that made a huge difference for me was giving up bread. No tiredness in the mornings. No afternoon slump and no heartburn or digestive discomfort! And it helped me lose 5st in the process!! Worth a try.

6/7 hours sleep and drink lots of water during the day.

as you dehydrate, you get sleepy.

forget redbull and coffee, you dont need them, water will keep you wide away!

Gonna try the water thing!

And should try the excercise thing. Tho I used to cycle 9 miles round trip to and from work daily for a year and felt exactly the same as I do now.

I'm always a bit tired but mentally completely insane and never wanting to sleep! Sleep is a waste of life on week/workdays, but partial to a lie in til 10ish on a weekend day 8-) .

Moo is v late to go to bed, always up later than I want to be for work. Work is crazy busy and often a lot on my plate tho. Need an off switch!

water works well! get one of those 1l Volvic bottles with the sports cap and keep it on your desk. when you feel tired take a massive drink - as much as you can drink before needing to take a breath!

i think its the combination of re-hydration and suffocation that wakes you up!

Incidentally, the blue sports-cap from the 1l Volvic bottle also fits the 2L volvic bottles which saves you having to refill during the day ;)

I try to get 6 hours sleep every night (sometimes ends up being more like 5...) and have a coffee every morning in the first hour of the day. I've found that I'm a lot more alert throughout the day since I stopped missing meals, which happened a lot at my old job. To be honest, I usually find that looking forward to getting on my bike wakes me up a bit more at the start and end of the working day.