Failed my Mod 1 :-(

Took my mod 1 yesterday.

Just before I had practised it all and was perfect and full of confidence.

I got into the test yard, pushed my bike, set off for the slalom, panicked half way and put my foot down....damn it! As I knew i'd failed anyway I then did the rest of the test without issue!

I've booked it again for next Friday.

2nd time lucky I hope!

I did the same coming out of the slalom into the figure 8 the first time it did it. Apparently I was too slow. Keep your speed up a bit and keep slipping the clutch (rev like a learner was what my instructor told me)!!! You'll be fine next time round (especially if you have the same examiner)!! I flew through the second time round with no issues. Part 2 a week later was no problem either. It helps to slip through changing traffic lights and put a good bit of distance between you and the examiner!! Lol

Thanks all.

I was doing it perfectly before, few revs, but of slipping clutch and touch rear brake.

I don't think I was going fast enough on day though!

Right, hopefully better news to report next week!

• 3 weeks later...

Well done.

I recently passed mods 1 & 2, and believe mod 1 was the most difficult - because you don't get much practice at high speed avoidance etc. But everything you do on mod 2 you have probably done hundreds of times before.

Be confident, relax, think, - you'll do great.

:cheers: