Module 1 Test - safety & accidents

Guest Beanie2013

Pretty safe from my experiance....damn annoying though... :!:

The only debatable part of the test is the "Swerve/avoidance", personally I think it's 100% safe....but i know most accidents for the Mod 1 happen here....But that's more-so to people either panicking or poor training than the test....don't slam on the front brake until your straight and easy-peasy!

Did my DAS a couple of months ago. The day before my Mod1 the trainer took me to the test centre and we had a 1 hour practice session, which really helped. I would say the only danger is nerves. Everything you are expected to do on mod1 is really easy, so treat it that way. I was so nervous that I convinced myself I had no chance so would just use it as preparation for a retake. Relaxed and passed first time. If I can do it anyone can.

Good Luck

:cheers:

Hi - just wondered what views or experiences anyone out there has about the safety of the mod 1 test? Anyone had any accidents doing it, or know anyone who has?

Perfectly safe, evven more so if you have been sufficiently and effectively trained for it,

Yeah they call it off its ats all frosty. Extra sticky tarmac. I've heard horror stories but usually involves someone massively overdoing it on the throttle.

I dropped the bik on the u turn and stepped off. Thats about the closest to a injury. The swerve really isnt as bad as you think it'll be

Hi - just wondered what views or experiences anyone out there has about the safety of the mod 1 test? Anyone had any accidents doing it, or know anyone who has?

Just out of interest... which publication/group/thesis are you carrying out research for? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If you fall off on your mod 1 then your not ready to be on the road and need a bit more practice. Plenty of people fail on silly stuff but the majority of people who fall off seem to lock the front wheel which is not something you should be doing before you're out on the road. Real emergencys dont give you notice and falling off could mean death. The test gives you the right motions you would need to go through but probably too safe to be anything like a real world situation.

So its very safe, a lot safer than everyday riding in the sense that I would rather fall off in a nice open space with no one around, opposed to falling off on the road without the right level of skill potentialy under a trucks wheels.