Computer games

Glorian

Anyone play strategy games on PC? Such as rome 2(or any total war), Age of empires, C&C. Looking for someone to partake in an adventure! (I have no-one to play with :( ) Message me i'll give steam user ID if anyones interested :D

Runescape now that is old school, haven't played that for many years but have wasted a lot of time playing that game in the past. Mine, mine, smelt, mine mine, chop, chop, fire, chop, chop. Was how alot of my time was spent lol.

Only games I really play now are football manager and minecraft although I try not to play that cos I just never go to bed when I do and up to stupid hours doing stuff that is pointless when I should be sleeping.

I played ToR, found it awkward, WoW even in its starter stage was easy to play figure out where to go and how to get there (i know starwars is different planets etc) it's to hard to navigate on ToR theres warpoints and crap that sohuld all link together but find you're running around endlessly. the space ship is a cool feature but would be better if you could fly around randomly on it between planets maybe get attacked by pirates, instead of doing these battles where you are stuck on a pre-chosen course and have to fight off weak enemies. COmbat is jerky and delayed and i find it overly tricky again i found it easier and more fun on WoW not that i play either anymore as it's full of 5 year olds calling me "n00b" for not having "1337" raid gear :) So i stick to strategy games, and the ocasional shooter. Roll on battlefront 3 :D

Yea strategy games are my all time favorites, can't beat abit of C&C, used to love tiberian sun when that came out. If they could redo a classic like that I would probably never get off it. Age of empires was another good one although it was always to tempting to get a couple of cheats on the go and cruise around in a black car destroying everything lol.

I used to be a huge PC gamer. Q3A. Unreal. WoW from the off until Lich King came out.

Used to be always playing Starcraft/Red Alert/Total Annihilation through my teens, too.

More of a console gamer nowadays, though.

Though saying that, I still have most of my old collection sitting on the shelf right next to me.

Tada:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2639/un20.jpg

can we rename the thread to "young single guys looking for other young single guys to play with"?

Hah, I'm afraid I'm married. Hopefully 29 still counts as young, though, right?

Right...?

can we rename the thread to "young single guys looking for other young single guys to play with"?

watch it you :up: I'm in a relationship :)

Yeah starcraft!! One of the best games of ALL time. And don't give in to console gaming PC is where it's at! Steam sale in a few days *drool* Time to empty my wallet

Also that picture has a LOT of good games in it. 1942 anthology that series is awesome to play as well as JK:JO, command and conquer box set was best £20 i ever spent games wise

I played ToR, found it awkward, WoW even in its starter stage was easy to play figure out where to go and how to get there (i know starwars is different planets etc) it's to hard to navigate on ToR theres warpoints and crap that sohuld all link together but find you're running around endlessly. the space ship is a cool feature but would be better if you could fly around randomly on it between planets maybe get attacked by pirates, instead of doing these battles where you are stuck on a pre-chosen course and have to fight off weak enemies. COmbat is jerky and delayed and i find it overly tricky again i found it easier and more fun on WoW not that i play either anymore as it's full of 5 year olds calling me "n00b" for not having "1337" raid gear :) So i stick to strategy games, and the ocasional shooter. Roll on battlefront 3 :D

I know what you mean but I still enjoy it and one of my top games :D

I hated WoW could never get into it my brother on the other hand is addicted to it and is still awake when I get up at 6 for work playing it doing some raid shit or something :P

I wish I could say something in defence to this :P

C&C generals was one of my all time favourites. So many missions and the challenge mode was awesome (Shame you don't fight ALL the generals) zero hours units and generals really diversified the gameplay, still loved superweapon general for the anti any vehicle turret (Emp lul) and the aurora bomber that can't be hit on its approach with a fuel air bomb :D 4 of those and you're golden. I'm gonna install that later :D

The last computer game I played was Wipeout 2097. I expect it was made before some of you were even born ...

Nowadays, I have no time or inclination to play computer games, I'd rather be out on the bike!

2097?

I never played that. I got the first Wipeout, the one before it, on the Playstation though. Was one of my first console games. Must've been about 1995-96?

The last computer game I played was Wipeout 2097. I expect it was made before some of you were even born ...

Nowadays, I have no time or inclination to play computer games, I'd rather be out on the bike!

2097?

I never played that. I got the first Wipeout, the one before it, on the Playstation though. Was one of my first console games. Must've been about 1995-96?

Yep, '96. I remember I used to get so enraged with it when I would *almost* get a perfect run, then ding the side right at the end - used to drive me nuts!

Another question is what was the first computer game you ever played ... I vaguely remember being too young to play Pong on the BBC Micro back in about 1980 ... it must have been Pong because that's all there was in those days! Our primary school had one, single computer, which probably cost the equivalent of an entire school computer lab nowadays.

I still get on TF2 every once in a while, although lately I've been glued to the Xbox playing GTA online with Fozzie. Life imitates art, as I crash when I ride with him in the game just like I did when we were out last Saturday :lol: One of my old friends keeps nagging me to get back into Sins of a Solar Empire, which is insanely complicated as RTS goes but also rather fun for the spacefaring aircraft carriers and intergalactic nuclear rocket launchers.

First computer game I ever played was Cairo Shootout on the original Macintosh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1NKqROe_4

I still get on TF2 every once in a while, although lately I've been glued to the Xbox playing GTA online with Fozzie. Life imitates art, as I crash when I ride with him in the game just like I did when we were out last Saturday :lol: One of my old friends keeps nagging me to get back into Sins of a Solar Empire, which is insanely complicated as RTS goes but also rather fun for the spacefaring aircraft carriers and intergalactic nuclear rocket launchers.

First computer game I ever played was Cairo Shootout on the original Macintosh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID1NKqROe_4

Please tell me it's Xbox!? :)