Induction hobs??

Joeman

Anyone got an Induction Hob? what are they like to cook on?

People say they are better than gas hobs, but ive never used one.

Reason im asking is that my partner smashed our current Ceramic hobs, so thought it was a good opportunity to try out Induction hobs.

IMG_20131117_100221.jpg

My mum's got induction hobs and they're amazing. Boil water in no time at all and don't get hot.....it's a very weird experience being able to take the pan off the hob and sticking your hand straight onto it without getting burnt.

Thanks guys. Cool to touch is a good point. My cat cost me a vets bill after he walked over our old hobs and burnt his paws.

Not cheap though are they?? Think i could wrap it up and give it to her as her Christmas present??

My old cafe i used to work at had two of these, they're very quick to heat up but won't if no pan/pot is on them, and only certain pans work as it is activated by magnets so non magnetic pans dont work. I find them quite cool more usable than standard electric hobs, but i still prefer to cook with gas :) But it would be my second choice otherwise. Also a tip the hob itself may not get hot, but the heat reflected from the pan for long enough does make it hot experienced this at work when we used it for ages on end and the hobs would be getting quite hot!

My fiancee (until next Thursday) wants one, shes used them before and thinks they're great. Best thing over gas is the ease of cleaning, apparently. Not sure about the Xmas present thing. How brave are you? And hide the rolling pin first :P

Think i could wrap it up and give it to her as her Christmas present??

A mate got two front tyres on his wife's car for her birthday,,,,,,, don't think it went well tbh

I'm not surprised. New tyres should always go on the rear.

Ha!