Boast of the day

BikerMooFromMars

Moo thinks we need a happier thread, esp with the cold, dark and grotty weather lately and several offs our fabulous forum members have had *bless you all*!

There's the ever-popular nob of the day thread...how about the boast of the day for good things that happened to you lately? Not necessarily bike related...

My boast(s) of the day:

> I have awesome *crazily bright* dyed red hair today!

> Had a couple of days really enjoying the bike again. Seeing Wolls go down recently put me on edge again, but I got my mojo back methinks. He's improving on the bike again...and I booked our first lesson for this Sunday. Gonna be on a CBF600 - the big daddy to my CBF 125!

> NEC Friday - SO MUCH TO BUY!!!

> Almost 2 years of working my socks off, having the most responsibilities at work, the biggest workload, the most valuable dental nurse there and gaining extra qualifications, I finally got some recognition today. Had my appraisal recently where my manager guessed anyway, but I said I'd walk if I didn't get a pay rise/promotion after all I've put in. Today I got it - Invisalign Marketing Coordinator! I said either wanted to train as an orthodontic therapist or have some kind of creative/potentially marketing role and I've been given it! The proper job descripton is being drawn up and I'll be working alongside another hardworking workmate that I get on with really well, and be getting rewarded financially for it. Really bloody chuffed :thumb:

Onwards and upwards...at last!!

Now back to writing the trainee nurse some revision cards for her exam...

Awesome news Pain!

:mrgreen:

Lol @ Pain!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is meant to be boast of the day - Thanks for the kind words but it's someone else's turn to boast!

Rantmachine can boast that he did a load of filtering following Moo in the blinding sun today :mrgreen: as is not normally a keen bean on filtering

I kept a straight face when talking to a woman I know at work when she said the below. She's the middle aged, mature type so I doubt she saw the funny side to any of this...

Woman: Can't wait for warmer weather, I love getting the garden done

Me: You like getting dirty in the garden?

Woman: Yes, always have done.

Me: Ah so you're one of those whose good with her hands?

Woman: A few people have said that actually when they've seen my garden

I fricking nearly exploded at that last sentence. My boss Tim interrupted as he saw me slowly going red in the face :lol:

Errrm...

I can boast I'm off for the rest of the week after today, I'm at the NEC early tomorrow with my Dad, I get to see my little doggy, and perve over my Dad's bikes and if it's warm take one for a spin. :thumb:

Congrats on your promotion Moo.

Congrats to you as well Ricky.

Not really a boast.

But I went into game yesterday for a nose around and came out with a Xbox One.

It was strange because I asked when they were back in stock and he said I don't know, then told me they had one bundle that they were doing and had about 10 left.

I don't know why I brought it really.

Just like messing about with new stuff.

I'm very impulsive.

Congrats on your promotion Moo.

Congrats to you as well Ricky.

Not really a boast.

But I went into game yesterday for a nose around and came out with a Xbox One.

It was strange because I asked when they were back in stock and he said I don't know, then told me they had one bundle that they were doing and had about 10 left.

I don't know why I brought it really.

Just like messing about with new stuff.

I'm very impulsive.

Thanks a bunch :D

I'm thinking about an xbox one for for over 400 quid I'd rather spend it on something else, maybe after Christmas :P

I did my first teaching on Monday, was only a half hour lesson but it was in my own discipline and was assessed, had to do all the paperwork that goes with it too.

Well........my paperwork is going to be put up as an example of how to do it for next years class :D

and the score? 83.5% :yay: was so worried because the classmates before me that day had been pulled to pieces, but i smashed it :) shame i failed the first essay so badly, looks like i can teach just can not write about it that well from a psychologists view. oh well.