Sports DV 1080p Helmet Cam

pretty impressive for the price

I think I will get myself one or two!

yeah sound is a bit crap! bit of masking tape over the mic :lol:

Yeah its not bad. Not broadcast quality by any means, but certainly good enough.

There as some setting you can make by changing some values in a file on the SD card. Settings for white balance, exposure saturation etc etc. So I think I might need to tweak a few values.

Also, its amazing how much my helmet is bouncing about!! I know my suspension is stiff at the moment as I'm trying out different settings, but the video makes it look like I have a couple if scafolding poles as front forks!!

If I mount to the bike I'll see if I can devise a way to absorb some of the movement. Or I'll give the shake reduction on YouTube a try..

a guy at work has one of these cameras and is claiming 5 hours battery life!!

He might not be far off.

I've not tried yet, but I've been out for two good length rides and it only started going flat late last night when it was already too dark. Nice feature is that it vibrates to tell you its stopping recording and then again to say its powering off. With it helmet mounted you can feel the vibration.

oh and a 32gig card to go with it 8-)

On the look out for a camera myself Stu, some feedback on this one would be appreciated. :cheers:

I dont think I will be doing the loop recording as I will just want to record a ride and shit but I'm sure others will make use of it

and you never know I may use it one day :lol:

Looks decent for the price. Wouldnt mind something for my daily commute especially after my last incident...

ANyone know if you can get a micro USB style mic and plug it in the back if that'd work? I hate watching those vids where all you hear is screaming wind :D

IE something like this http://www.goodsdak.com/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=9895 and just trip the cable down considerably

Otherwise next pay day i may buy one :D

So what's the verdict??

I'm still translating the instructions :lol: :lol:

considering the price you cant grumble really

you can tell the mounts are cheaply made but I have seen worse

the camera itself is pretty solid

I need to get the bike MOT sorted and test it properly and also order a larger card

also a usb charger on the bike I think

Flipping proprietary charging lead in mine - are yours the same?

Loving the instructions. :-)

dunno cant read them :lol:

the translations are mental you have to read them 3 or 4 times before you understand them :)

Flipping proprietary charging lead in mine - are yours the same?

Loving the instructions. :-)

Yep its a tiny little USB. Same as one of my other cameras. You can buy them off eBay.

Yep, instructions are crazy. Dont need them though. Front button is the on/off button. Back button starts/stops recording. Simples ;) ;)

I think I need to buy a spare lead for permanent attachment on the bike so I dont have to keep removing it!

I don't have anything that uses the proprietary type lead!!