I just bought this after reading the write up on here and have to say it is brilliant! I do have a Tom Tom for the car but it doesn't have blue tooth and isn't waterproof. Seeing as the bike sat navs are so expensive and I already had a modern phone this seemed the best solution. I have only tried it in my pocket connected by blue tooth to my helmet and as has been mentioned it did run the battery down pretty swift. I have ordered a charger for the bike and a waterproof mount for it. Considering we may....may have some sunny days it is almost impossible to see the screen on the bike so the blue tooth will be invaluable. i already had a power socket on the bike so for £2.99 for the charger lead, £6.99 for the case and £17,99 for the co pilot it is a cheap solution too. Thanks for the heads up guys. :D

I just bought this after reading the write up on here and have to say it is brilliant! I do have a Tom Tom for the car but it doesn't have blue tooth and isn't waterproof. Seeing as the bike sat navs are so expensive and I already had a modern phone this seemed the best solution. I have only tried it in my pocket connected by blue tooth to my helmet and as has been mentioned it did run the battery down pretty swift. I have ordered a charger for the bike and a waterproof mount for it. Considering we may....may have some sunny days it is almost impossible to see the screen on the bike so the blue tooth will be invaluable. i already had a power socket on the bike so for £2.99 for the charger lead, £6.99 for the case and £17,99 for the co pilot it is a cheap solution too. Thanks for the heads up guys. :D

Don't forget to switch your phone to flight mode or data transfer off if your contract limits your data down load.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't forget to switch your phone to flight mode or data transfer off if your contract limits your data down load.

That's the beauty of copilot - the map is pre downloaded to your phone and it only uses the GPS signal so it doesn't need to use any data like some other apps. Handy if you're roaming!

That's the beauty of copilot - the map is pre downloaded to your phone and it only uses the GPS signal so it doesn't need to use any data like some other apps. Handy if you're roaming!

You shouldn't be roaming with a Sat Nav.......

• 1 year later...

I used this in London the other day and even in the city centre it was super accurate, when I have been driving in the same area using Tom Tom, quite often the signal drops out.

Best value for money investment I've made on my bike so far

find it okay.... pain in the ass when ....

I have been having to use this for the last month and I continue to love to hate it... Its Sat Nav taken back several years compared with google BUT it does work offline...

You can put Custom POI's in if you do a bit of googling (a bit fiddly), it can be helpful (Challenge 100).

It will give you speed camera warnings IF you are using it to navigate.

Can you set it so your speed on the road is the speed limit on that road, custom speeds just annoy me...

If you set a route with several stops it does not tell you when you are at a midway stop (just a verbal warning would be nice).

• 5 weeks later...

Used mine Sunday for my blast to Wales, worked really well especially in places with no signal. The directions it gave me after llanthony priory were a little exciting as it sent me up a dirt track!

Mud, deep ruts, leaves , debris all added to the fun!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.89522 ... 6656?hl=en

I wouldn't advise it on a road bike until the drier months