SJ1000 Action Cam

Bought off eBay from UK seller for £50....but I did have to buy a MicroSD card too.....and I also bought a spare battery for £5.

Camera is a bit like the GoPro and requires the waterproof case (supplied) to use it on the bike. There is a whole raft of mounts supplied in the kit....so it may take some experimentation to find the right combination....but, as the waterproof case has a standard camera thread insert in the bottom, there are also other mounts available if required.

Currently using the camera without the waterproof case with one of the mounts in the car, and have attached another mount to the front brake reservoir....so it's still suffers a bit from vibration over rough road surfaces....but it's fairly useable I think.

The waterproof case reduces the wind noise on the camera, so you can hear the engine....but it's not perfect, but again I think it's useable.

The battery is interchangeable.....so, for use on the bike it'll give about 4 hours recording with both batteries. In the car it's connected to a micro-USB supply (same as phone chargers) and is set to start recording when the ignition comes on.

I've set it for loop recording with 5 minute segments. There are 3 options I think....but the 5 minute segments work for me.....and it generates a slight overlap between segments if you want to stitch several segments together.

The camera has a small LCD screen on the back, so it's dead easy to set it up and change settings on the fly if you want. The screen can be set to turn off after a preset time to preserve battery life.....but there's a small blue LED in the top of the camera that comes on when it is powered on, and flashes when it's recording.

The files are saved as .MOV....which my laptop doesn't like, but my tablet is fine with them.

The only downside I've seen so far is that the picture isn't as sharp in the middle of the screen as it is on the edges....but it's still not bad.....and for £50..... :wink:

Here's a little taster of the quality.

">

Quality isn't too shabby at all. Not bad for £50 I would have said.

BTW it is 2014!

Blood hell....another year gone already... :lol: :lol: Thankfully it's dead easy to change the settings..... :cheers:

brrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm oo bike sounds lovely. And road is a cracker too. Oh boy do I want to go for a spin, wish it wasn't raining :crybaby:

• 4 weeks later...