Harley Davidson XL883L Superlow

Ok I'm back on a bike after a 16 month break where I went from a 750cc Triumph Trident rat to a new Superlow, and what a difference!

I was used to the top heavy unbalanced Triumph which even with new bars and a yoke conversion handled poor to ok.

I picked the bike up in the pouring rain having not even test ridden it, just one sit on in the show room but even from just that you can feel the balance and low centre of gravity along with a great riding position. The first thing you notice is the sound and vibration that just runs through you and I was hooked......great handling in the wet and responsive breaks (2014 has ABS now) there is something so unique about the the engine and its industrial gear change which is just beautiful!

It doesn't hang around even with a weighty fellow on like myself and you'll soon find yourself hitting the max if you so wish, but for around town and cruising it is relaxing and joy to filter with too.

Down sides, on the second day I lost the neutral light for 24hrs and its not far into a lean before you feel and hear a peg scrape, to quote my friend who I was following on a ride to Weston-s-Mare "I was expecting to look over my shoulder and see you sliding down the road after that metal on asphalt noise" but you soon make use of the grunt and power a bit more round the corners with less scrapes and I've stiffened the suspension to accommodate my fat ass and have a bit more clearance.

Overall I love the bike and how confident it makes me feel at low speeds and the growl when you nail it...... not a slow bike but also not to everyone's taste