Do I need help?

MarkW

My wife and I saw one of these in a bike shop on Friday, and instantly formed wildly different opinions of it. She thinks it's one of the most hideous things she's ever seen, and wouldn't give it garage space. I think it has a certain retro cool, and would be perfectly happy to be seen out in public on it.

Obviously everyone has their own tastes, but what I'm looking for here is people to tell me that I'm right and she's wrong. :D

1982_Honda_CBX_Supersport_White_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg.907a3a14af9330fdeb97cc3428c8bdef.jpg

A mate of mine had an unfaired silver one.....lovely bike to ride....and silky smooth.....bit of a pain at service time with 6 carbs to balance and 24 valve clearances to check..... :shock: I'd have one though....even though it's not a Triumph. ... :wink:

Hmmm, looks a bit like Pimp my Superdream. The fairing and engine look too big for the rest of the bike and as for those tiny panniers, I'm not sure they would be much use for anything.

Not for me I'm afraid despite the fact I like retro looking bikes.

That bike is well sort after, but for me it's the wrong colour looks very ex police to me. If it was candy red you would not get near it. I would say its an American import with that style of fairing

OK, so it seems the consensus is that my wife has better taste in bikes than me :( It is indeed a US import - I think it had a Colorado plate.

Mind you, I may have gone off it slightly after someone said it looked like a police bike...

:D

Hmmm a straight six - that would tempt me. I like fairings, and panniers, but not entirely convinced by this example. On balance, its a no.

OK, so it seems the consensus is that my wife has better taste in bikes than me :( It is indeed a US import - I think it had a Colorado plate.

Mind you, I may have gone off it slightly after someone said it looked like a police bike...

:D

Being a US import it's probably a high miler and that CBX is no easy engine to fix and maintain. 6 carbs 6 plugs for a starter, also the electric's need to modified to comply with the U/K

Any idea what they want for it?

Not sure if it's for sale to be honest - it's in the upstairs window display of DK Motorcycles in my hometown of Newcastle-under-Lyme. I dropped in last week when I was back for a visit, and there a few unusual machines in there. I think they are just for display, but this one looked in good nick and the guys seem a nice bunch - why not give em a call and see if they'll part with it? :-)

• 1 month later...