Caberg Breeze

wr6133

Picked this up last November in a huge sale at the Swindon Mega Motorcycle Store (used to be George Whites) sale price was all of £20! Originally the wife bought one in pink and I resisted temptation to get another lid however on getting home and having a good look at hers I went back... sods law because I didn't get it the first time they had sold out of black in my mongo size so I bought the "flower" version and just put stickers over the flowers!

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/wr6133/IMG_20140713_124005_zps3f7f3a24.jpg

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/wr6133/IMG_20140713_124050_zps28a4ff96.jpg

The Good

Comfort. This lid is seriously comfortable it's more comfortable than my novelty german lid. I do deliveries on a bike 4 nights a week 5-6 hour shifts and if it's not forecast rain I wear this lid as it's comfortable to the point you actually forget you are wearing it

Removable liner so you can wash it. Also the neck/ear bit you can see in the second photo can zip off for cleaning or just if you don't like it there.

Well vented... called breeze for a reason the vents work well you don't sweat under it even in hot weather.

Construction... it's well made it should be the RRP was vastly more than I paid for it..... I would happily pay the RRP.

The bad

As with most Cabergs it uses the "seat belt" style buckle. I don't like this type of buckle it's a fumble if wearing thick gloves or in a rush.

Purely a Summer lid. Vents are permanent so no good in heavy rain (ok in light showers though). Caberg did do a waterproof cover for it but I haven't been able to source one at non stupid prices.

Road noise. Doesn't bother me but this is a loud lid. It's about as small as a lid can be and still get 22.05 certification so your ears are just covered by the brown material in the second picture (or not if you remove it).

Visor... Useless to me it basically just channels the wind directly at your eyeballs. This varies with user though my wife being Chinese has a fairly small nose so she can push the visor a lot lower on hers and then it works properly.

So to conclude... if you want a light, comfortable open face lid and see one of these for sale..... throw your cash at the seller, grab the lid and scurry away to your bike! I would recommend it to anyone on comfort alone it's the best lid I've ever worn. However if you of the people that find open faces a bit dangerous then this is not for you as I said previously it really is a small lid, it must literally be the bare minimum head coverage to pass 22.05