Mileage?

Hi all. I've been scouring all the websites looking at what's on offer regarding CB honda's. In particular I've been looking at 250's and been getting some good info from here.

Someone contacted me with a CB500 twin for sale for around the same price as I have been looking at older 250's. The difference being, as well as the obvious, is that the 500 has done around 67.000 miles. While the 250's I have been looking at have not been that high.

Is there a reference point at which a bike has too high a mileage to consider?

For example, £600 for a Honda CB500 twin (the newer model) with 67 on the clock. And a 76 or later Honda Cb250 with 27 on the clock, is the 500 gonna die before the 250? Or does the bigger engine capacity make a difference?

Hope this makes sense?

Harri

Hi, all I know is the bike is a 1999, so the yearly mileage isn't that much is it? Me and my wife have a car so our main traveling is done in these. The bike wouldn't do too much as I'd only use it for fun, lot's of nice roads around here.

I suppose the question is a non starter really. The 2 bikes are totally different and can't be compared.

Harri

the 500 will need money spending on it soon if it hasnt already been done on things like cam chain and tensioner but will be easier and more reliable than the old 250 as that will be on points ign system and not electronic like the 500,but at the end of day do you want a 250 that vibrates like mad at 50+ or a 500 that vibrates at above speeds limits