Motorcycle Live

Hi All,

Having just passed my test, the next thing on my list is to get some clothing. I already have a lid, but am looking for Jacket, Trousers, Boots & Gloves. I will only be a fair weather rider, so will probably go the leather route.

I have read a few things saying that you can get some good deals at Motorcycle Live. My question is, is this really the case, or should I just go to my nearest bike gear shop?

My main doubt is that having attended the Autosport show on many occasions, looking at racing gear (car), I felt the prices were actually increased for the show.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I got a £400 helmet for £250 a few years back!

there is bargains to be had although a lot of the big brands dont tend to have a lot off

if you have the money to go and buy it all there then I would do that but also factor in the cost of the tickets fuel and parking too otherwise you could end up just paying the same

Your best bet is just to go to a dealer and ask for a discount on end of season or even last seasons stuff. I've had massive discounts in the past (in the £100's) just by applying a little cheek. On the plus side, you're buying at the right time of year.

Last year I got £100 knocked off a £400+ Dainese jacket, just because the new version has a silver flash, rather than a red flash on the sleeve. It just goes to show the markup on the product.

I got all my first set of gear from the show and I did pretty well. Just don't get swamped and have a good walk around before you buy. Best to have an idea in your head what you want to spend otherwise you can go a bit crazy

And watch out for the fake stuff.

Was reading on another forum about someone who bought stuff that although looking as though they were a matching set, didn't have the correct zips to fasten together. The zips on both garments were miles away from what they should have looked like.