Tuning a 2001 790cc Triumph Bonneville

from that page.

Description

Bob Farnham Tuning Limited was incorporated on 15 Mar 2000 and is located in Kent. The company's status is listed as "Dissolved". The company's first director was Robert James Farnham. Bob Farnham Tuning Limited does not have any subsidiaries.

so.. dissolved?

The building that was occupied by BFT is now occupied by Spirit Motorcycles. a bike builder.

http://www.spirit-mc.uk/index.html

Perhaps he has moved into building rather than just tuning.. seems he is still involved as (interestingly) the phone number is unchanged.

Aah tuning. It's an expensive business. You get little return for a lot of money. Based on tuning my GSXR1100 in the 90's I went CC's first, then cylinder head, carbs and exhaust. This is based on memory, I've long lost the dyno readouts.

Standard bike was knocking out 132bhp at the back wheel according to Rhyno Dyno in Croydon.

1280cc cylinder kit from TTS with Cosworth pistons got this up to 141bhp.

Gas flowed head and Yoshimura stage 2 cams increased it to 150bhp-ish.

38mm Mikuni RS Powerjet Carbs with K&N jets and Stage 3 filters got maybe another 5bhp.

A full Vance and Hines 4 into 1 exhaust system got the final reading to 162bhp at the back wheel which at the time was mental. As was the engine :D

In a straight line not even my current K1200S is as fast as that bike was. It was insane, wheelspins everywhere and the front coming up in 5th just on the throttle. I did a RWYB at Santa Pod and managed 10.25 @ 148mph over the quarter. It was fun for about a year but so impractical to ride on a day to day basis. I still miss it :P

Cost? Don't even go there :shock: