Bad night for cars...

Joeman

8:30pm tonight with a gym session booked for 9pm, a car alarm started going off. No flashing lights, just 10seconds of noise, 20seconds of silence, 10seconds of noise... Stuck on a loop!!

Eventually i went out to investigate and found the neighbours out there too trying to track down the source of the noise... Turns out it was my car!! :oops:

So I rushed back in to get the keys, pressed the button, nothing.. Concluded the car battery had gone flat and the alarm was thinking someone was tampering with the power supply. So I unlocked the drivers door and rhe boot, and disconnected the battery. That stopped the alarm...

Now i was running a bit late to walk to the gym so I asked the missus for the car keys to the other car. She told me where the keys were but also said I should listed out for the strange noise its been making today...

So I jumped in the other car, pulled away and instantly noticed a vibration and the car not handling normally... Youve guessed it, the rear right tyre was flat as a pancake!!

With only a short distance to the gym, and guessing the tyre was already dead I limped the car to the gym. I messaged my partner to ask how far shed been with the car like that... Seems shed been driving about most of today on a totally flat tyre...

So I now have one car with its battery on charge, one car with a flat rear tyre, and the exhaust fell off my old dog wagon a few weeks ago so that's not strickly road worthy either!! Three cars off the road.. Nice.

Cars are such a headache...

That's what going to the gym does for you!

Now if you'd have walked to the pub everything would be good! :cheers: :lol:

Lol, I was in the pub for lunch today ;)

Kind of good job the alarm went off, making me need the other car else she would probably have been driving about with a flat tyre tomorrow!!

• 3 weeks later...