Brake light stays on

Glorian

Noticed this morning my brake light is staying on permanently. After a quick investigation it's the rear brake thats doing it. my dad sprayed some stuff (WD40? didn't see) but still doing it. so i left it disconnected

Can anyone suggest anything to look for? Otherwise i'll just go digging around on saturday with my haynes manual :D

Noticed this morning my brake light is staying on permanently. After a quick investigation it's the rear brake thats doing it. my dad sprayed some stuff (WD40? didn't see) but still doing it. so i left it disconnected

Can anyone suggest anything to look for? Otherwise i'll just go digging around on saturday with my haynes manual :D

Brake light switch which is usually connected to the pedal and might need adjusting or reconnecting or a spray with switch cleaner

Brake light switch which is usually connected to the pedal and might need adjusting or reconnecting or a spray with switch cleaner

^This.

Have you changed the pads recently? If so, this may be why. Simply adjust the switch.

I noticed this on the rideout, your rear brake was on so I got awfully close behind you a few times as I relied on depth perception to tell if you were stopping or accelerating :lol:

It's the brake switch, it's either badly positioned or faulty, an easy cheap part if it's broken. Just mess with it and when it switches the brake on/off and reinstall.

Think i remember you or someone else mentioning it actually. I checked it seemed alright, evidently not ha. WIll have a tinker on saturday see if i can spot where its going wrong =) Gotta do maintenance on chain etc anyhow.