Ive booked my CBT!

Its happening on Friday,

Now I need some cloths, well actually I need a jacket...

They recommend a tough jacket they will supply the rest.... The problem is I have nothing and promised my good lady that I would buy nothing until I passed my CBT.

So I need a cheap as jacket suitable for Friday plus a few extra days, I will buy more as I go suggestions please....

All going well looks like Saturday and Sunday will be a big shopping days bike hat gloves trousers etc...

Have a look on eBay for a textile jacket with armour.......but be warned, if it's really cheap it's likely to leak and fall apart.......you may be better off looking for a decent secondhand one....... 8-)

Good luck with the CBT...... :cheers:

:stupid:

Seems odd they dont supply the gear..? Mine gave me a jacket gloves and helmet, Just told me to wear jeans (or something similar) and boots of some description.

Double check before you buy something.

Also dont waste money on something cheap as you'll be stuck with a useless jacket. Better off buying a good one now and saving some £££

A very disappointing day, a trainee Instructor and 2.5 (well ok 3 people for 1/2 the day) people on the course... We got as far as doing figure of 8's. No U turns, no emergency stops and no road ride so no CBT achieved today....

I can continue the course with the same school I started with but not certain when I can match there days again. It will cost 1/2 as much again.

Due to personnel stuff and work I cannot book weeks in advance, so can anyone recommend a school that is local that can do a CBT at short ish notice. I am free this Saturday and maybe 30th or 31st October after that I have not got a clue....

Local being Hampshire, Dorset or Possibly South Wiltshire if I do not keep the ball rolling I will never get there.

Edit to add the IOW maybe be possible to.

Im not sure why this will be costing you more?

Did they make any indication that their CBT course is a guaranteed pass?

Further more, were there any real concerning reasons meaning they didnt train you on the emergency stops and even a road ride? ( i.e your skill, not ready yet and so on).

Sounding very cheeky IMO. Especially not fulfilling the day with assisting you on getting a CBT and making you pay more.

A very disappointing day, a trainee Instructor and 2.5 (well ok 3 people for 1/2 the day) people on the course... We got as far as doing figure of 8's. No U turns, no emergency stops and no road ride so no CBT achieved today....

I can continue the course with the same school I started with but not certain when I can match there days again. It will cost 1/2 as much again.

Due to personnel stuff and work I cannot book weeks in advance, so can anyone recommend a school that is local that can do a CBT at short ish notice. I am free this Saturday and maybe 30th or 31st October after that I have not got a clue....

Local being Hampshire, Dorset or Possibly South Wiltshire if I do not keep the ball rolling I will never get there.

Edit to add the IOW maybe be possible to.

Who did you do your course with? I am due to take my CBT with Phoenix in Fareham soon. Hoping you didn't go with them...

Doesn't sound like a very professional school.

If you are looking in Hampshire, I can't recommend Excelerate Motorcycle Training Centre enough. Based in Farnborough. I did my CBT & Direct Access with them, and it was a total pleasure from start to finish.

How can they not show you any manouvers apart from figure of 8... There should be no reason they are charging you more unless you were hopeless and they had no confidence to take you out..? But still seems a bit bad..

Mine i went there kitted up talked about the bike rode around the testing area then after a brew went out on the bike for a couple hours came back, good to go.

How can they not show you any manouvers apart from figure of 8... There should be no reason they are charging you more unless you were hopeless and they had no confidence to take you out..? But still seems a bit bad..

Mine i went there kitted up talked about the bike rode around the testing area then after a brew went out on the bike for a couple hours came back, good to go.

Ditto. It took me ages to get used to the clutch and I begged the guy not to take me onto the road but he insisted :lol: and I was fine, no problems, cuppa and highway code and that was it!

That is properly odd, how much did you pay? I had helmet and jacket provided too...

I am not going to pass the name of the first school, maybe it was a bad day or the wrong combination of students. Either way it was not a good day, I have heard good reports of them.

A different school that could take me today in fact I was the only one so it was one on one. We met up on the training ground and started straight away. After lunch we where on the road, a few maneuvers and a ride to a view point for a cup of tea.

A good day the biggest criticism I got was being slow turning of the indicator.

On the way home I stopped at a shop recommended by the instructor with the idea of trying on some gear, maybe picking up a helmet. Walked out with Jacket, Gloves, salopette trousers (2nd hand) and a skid lid. The instructor was happy enough with the boots I had for now but will be keeping an eye out some on Ebay...

Now its time to get a bike!

Any one know of a 125 going in the New Forest Area? I have my eye on a couple plan to view one tomorrow morning if not it will be the end of next :cry: ...