Government milage allowances

nman1

Just needed to check this and whilst I knew it was only 24p/mile, I did not realise it`s only 4p more than a bicycle. Please tell me where a bicycle needs to pay for tax, fuel, new tyres, chains and sprockets and a bloody service every 4000 miles let alone depreciation in value etc. etc. :shock:

I know from 7 years experience, that riding a bike is NO cheaper than driving a car (possibly dearer the amount of miles I put on mine) and yet they can claim 45p/mile. These are very out-dated figures and need to be looked at by the twats we are supposed to have elected. :scratch:

I could stick another 4 people on the bike and claim 5p for each one but I`m thinking I may get stopped by the men in blue. :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... allowances

If you were a bad person you could use your bike and claim the mileage as car. But that'd be tax evasion, and certainly not advisable!

I agree with you though, it's effing ridiculous. Especially when using the bike frees up congestion on the roads.