Seal mate for leaking seals

fq-craigus

I have just been browsing YouTube and one of the reccomended videos was for a product called seal mate.

It's a thin bit of flexible plastic with a hook bit on it and it's designed to remove the grit and grime from inside your fork seal causing it to leak.

You remove dust seal, insert tool run round the fork tube a couple times, remove, wipe fork compress and wipe a few times and job done no more leak.....

Obviously wouldn't work if seal is cream crackered but if it's just starting to go because of some crud then surely should work.

Question is has anyone tried and had success? As I have a slight weep and for a fiver it could be worth a punt

Yes I have one. Handy as a temporary fix but ultimately if the seals start to leak you should be thinking about changing them. Mine lives under the seat and has been used to reseat the seals a couple of times and it does what it claims to do but a feeler gauge is a good alternative as the hook really isn't all that effective.