New address, updated license, send old one now or wait?

Pete

As the subject suggests, I've moved house and have just updated my details on DVLA for my license. Now, it says it's illegal to hold 2 licenses at the same time and states that I must cut my photocard in two and return it and the paper part to DVLA. However, it also says that my new license will be with me within 2 weeks.

Now, I'm a cynical type, and after hearing horror stories of people sending their license back only to receive one without certain parts of their license (i.e. just comes back with car license, not bike. Or in extreme cases where people have lost their HGV and/or PSV licenses), and on calling the DVLA they have no record of them.

Yes I could photocopy my license, but would that be admissible if DVLA did make a cock up?

What would/did you do? Hold on and wait, or just rely on photocopies and send it back sharpish?

I sent my old one off straight away when I moved house and went without phyiscally having a licence for just over a week.

This was for a car only though (still not done my bike one) so I guess there are less things for them to mess up if you only have one thing on your licence.

The cock ups happened a few years back due to the sheer numbers returning their old paper licence and getting new photocard, they are pretty good now. Taking a photocopy should suffice or if your that worried just hang onto your old one until new one arrives, you will only get done for two licences if your using both at same time for fraudulent purpose like taking out a loan or contract under your old address or giving old details to the plod, so I wouldn't worry

As the subject suggests, I've moved house and have just updated my details on DVLA for my license. Now, it says it's illegal to hold 2 licenses at the same time and states that I must cut my photocard in two and return it and the paper part to DVLA. However, it also says that my new license will be with me within 2 weeks.

Now, I'm a cynical type, and after hearing horror stories of people sending their license back only to receive one without certain parts of their license (i.e. just comes back with car license, not bike. Or in extreme cases where people have lost their HGV and/or PSV licenses), and on calling the DVLA they have no record of them.

Yes I could photocopy my license, but would that be admissible if DVLA did make a cock up?

What would/did you do? Hold on and wait, or just rely on photocopies and send it back sharpish?

You could always "lose" one while the other's in the post and then mariculously find it again when the new one drops on the mat.

Now I have two.....my bad!

I read about having 2 being illegal, so I now have 3 -

1 from pre bike test and pre move

1 from post bike test and pre move

1 from post bike test and post move

That's weird

Just looked at the site and checked Mrs Polecat (with permission )

she has :

Vehicles you can provisionally drive

Category : A

Start date: 1 Nov 1978

End date: 24 Oct 2031

Image of category A vehicle Hide information

Description

You can drive any size motorbike, with or without a sidecar

How is this possible when I thought there restrictions on provisional bike riders :shock:

Just looked at the site and checked Mrs Polecat (with permission )

You can drive any size motorbike, with or without a sidecar

How is this possible when I thought there restrictions on provisional bike riders :shock:

She can if she's doing DAS training, so the website is correct.

Hope you also got permission to post her DOB :wink: