polite hi vis

Stu

<t>Polite hi vis tosser or not?</t>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Polite hi vis tosser or not?

• tosser
    • non tosser

Derek you need to change your POLITE jacket for this one, which is a bit more appropriate apparently... :mrgreen:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/5364d936e4b09805d564a83f/t/53d7b218e4b033bb6ba10297/1406644762742/

phil, I don't think that was necessary.... this thread has quietened down now, a personal attack/insult like that just isn't appropriate or needed at this point in time.

phil, I don't think that was necessary.... this thread has quietened down now, a personal attack/insult like that just isn't appropriate or needed at this point in time.

You wouldn't be saying that if I didn't put a name to the post...

And it hasn't calmed down - come on, it's all just a bit silly isn't it? What started out as light hearted fun has escalated into someone getting really offended for no apparent reason and trying to make other members look like they have said something they didn't - when I read that selective quoting I thought "bloody hell, Chris said that?!" - had to re-read. Personally I think it's funny and I don't know if Derek has a high-vis POLITE vest or not, but it was meant the way I think the whole situation has got - to be silly, so far I can only see one person that's been attacking with intention.

The moderators are saying dont make this personal, yet the entire thread is about directing a personal insult towards people who wear the vest. Make your mind up guys :lol:

The moderators are saying dont make this personal, yet the entire thread is about directing a personal insult towards people who wear the vest. Make your mind up guys :lol:

We're trying to raise awareness lol

Actually making it personal is directing it at one PERSON this is direct at all polite wearers :lol:

I voted tosser but im not going to try cover my arse over it if someone gets upset.

It was obvious it was going to get out of hand. But you caused it, seems odd for you to be the one saying calm it down a bit, thats all I mean.

It the equivelent of saying a TL1000 is a tossers bike but dont worry im not calling you a tosser personally. Would that not piss you off a bit.

Also other threads on here have been locked over much less.

I voted tosser but im not going to try cover my arse over it if someone gets upset.

It was obvious it was going to get out of hand. But you caused it, seems odd for you to be the one saying calm it down a bit, thats all I mean.

It the equivelent of saying a TL1000 is a tossers bike but dont worry im not calling you a tosser personally. Would that not piss you off a bit.

Also other threads on here have been locked over much less.

Please point out where I said for it to calm down ;-)

Say what you like about the tl I don't own one ;-)

And if it was a case

of all tl riders are tossers then so be it I can take it I won't spit my dummy out that's your opinion that you are entitled to

You forget I drive a bus for a living I'm scum of the earth I'm a first class w**ker I hear it day in day out its really no skin off my nose

I did not know that these jackets existed until I read this thread and my first impression, the one you react to, was that it is trying to be 'Police'. It just seems ironic that tempers and teddies are thrown over the use of the word 'Polite'. Obviously, it is open to misuse and there is the worry that people could be duped into being stopped by criminals, as Phil has successfully demonstrated this is quite possible. Not having a go here Phil, just saying how easy it is to do this without treading any legal toes.

That more than anything would concern me, I imagine a scenario where my daughter, a nervous driver at the best of times, is driving on her own and she is flagged down by a pseudo cop on a bike, with a crash helmet on and you do not need to know where that is going. Will it take a tragedy such as this before someone wakes up to the the fact these vests with a word that is passively implying Police officer, intentional or not, are removed?

Let's prevent rather than cure.

Sort of an odd comparison, as with the polite jacket wearer we know from most others that encounter them the problems they cause. So to make a comparison we'd have to assume the average TL1000 rider was a trouble maker.

And while they're trouble makers in the "overtaking you like you aren't moving on a 600" department... To call them a tosser in that instant I'd usually be laughing and jokingly saying it! :lol:

All about context my friend! :cheers:

They aren't just some regular hi vis they are designed to look like police vests.

I can see why a push biker might wear one, rightly or wrongly, because they need to keep idiots from hitting them and fooling people although wrong could save their life.

But there is no need for a motorcyclist to wear one imo.

Buy a regular high vis and don't look a tit :)

Sometimes a fella comes out with us and he wears a "polite " hi vis, and I'm must confess I thought you tit.

He came to Belgium with us and we stopped in Ypres, he had people constantly coming up to him asking directions etc cause they thought he was a copper..he took it off in the end.

I wonder what the police view is on the vests? I'm hoping it is similar to the hells angels view on posers wearing back patches :twisted:

Would like to add I have no problem with Hi-Vis or people that wear it, but the polite vest is just plain nobbish in my opinion and is for walts who like to pretend being a copper. It is like me dressing up as a fireman and wandering around town twirling my hose :mrgreen:

Sort of an odd comparison, as with the polite jacket wearer we know from most others that encounter them the problems they cause. So to make a comparison we'd have to assume the average TL1000 rider was a trouble maker.

And while they're trouble makers in the "overtaking you like you aren't moving on a 600" department... To call them a tosser in that instant I'd usually be laughing and jokingly saying it! :lol:

All about context my friend! :cheers:

The point being if you own "an object" you are a tosser. This doesnt need a seperate argument, its pretty clear what was being said. No surprise that someone will get upset

:bang:

back to the actual point

Please point out where I said for it to calm down ;-)
It doesn't mean to say you have to add to the situation :wink:

maybe I just misread it.

It's a nice day. I'm going to ride my bike. Anyone that stays on here on such a day is a tosser.

...or at work.

yeh, but only Tossers go to work... ;)

non - tossers have people working and earning money for them