Calling Tango come in Tango! (And any other guitarists)

stumblebum

Picked the guitar up today, it's an absolute stunner (to me anyway!). Not really sure how to get pics put up from my iPad so I'll put the listing number from eBay so you can see the decent pictures that the seller put up. I got the guitar for an absolute song as there was no other bidding! Here is the listing number 171542575823.

Mmmmmmm......sweet looking guitar......and a bargain too...... 8-) What does it sound like? What amp are you running it through?

She sounds beautiful, loads of sustain pick a note and it rings for ages. I've played it through a Bugera v22 tube amp and a blackstar ht1r tube amp and you get that lovely humbucker crunch. Will soon be playing it through a new Orange head and cab :wink: 8-)

Picked up the Orange head and cab last night and all I can say is WOW! Plugged the Les Paul into it, had a fiddle with the dials and managed to get that Paul Kossoff sound out of it, merry Christmas to me! Just got to learn to play better now!

Picked up the Orange head and cab last night and all I can say is WOW! Plugged the Les Paul into it, had a fiddle with the dials and managed to get that Paul Kossoff sound out of it, merry Christmas to me! Just got to learn to play better now!

Cool! :D

Awesome mate.......I've always liked Orange amps since my teenage years....... 8-)

I'd never have thought about them till I saw a couple of videos on YouTube, just blew me away with the tone from such a small head. Marshall? Marshall who?! :lol:

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ga4A_HRwlE

Got the old Les Paul and Marshall out today for a strum for the first time in ages. They sound amazing together, despite my slightly sloppy playing. Anyway, my fingers hurt (no calluses you see) but I'm right back into it now. Might have to have a little trip down to the local jam night soon...

Got the old Les Paul and Marshall out today for a strum for the first time in ages. They sound amazing together, despite my slightly sloppy playing. Anyway, my fingers hurt (no calluses you see) but I'm right back into it now. Might have to have a little trip down to the local jam night soon...

I love the Brit sound of a Les Paul and a Marshall, used their amps for years and now that I have a Line 6 XT live with a passable Marshall cab emulator I dont even need the Marshall pre amp anymore, time is a healer but also a thief and humping gear about is no longer an option. Great clip that, your timing and phrasing don't need much brushing up.

Lovely guitar!, hope you're enjoying it :D.

I'm pretty new to playing does anyone have any thoughts or has owned a Fender Jaguar?, I've heard mixed things about them.

My daughter plays a Jaguar and loves it, she has tried all sorts, SG's, Strats, Les Pauls, Ibanez and still rates the Jag. She is a big fan of Nirvana so that may explain it.

I love the Brit sound of a Les Paul and a Marshall, used their amps for years and now that I have a Line 6 XT live with a passable Marshall cab emulator I dont even need the Marshall pre amp anymore, time is a healer but also a thief and humping gear about is no longer an option. Great clip that, your timing and phrasing don't need much brushing up.

Thanks. I take it you had an amp stolen? Must have been hard for you fella, I'd be devastated. I have a Line 6 Pod 2.0 and a Boss ME25 for amp simulation/multi fx but plugging a guitar straight into my Marshall VS100R tends to get my mojo working. That clip was a section from Black Sabbath's 'God Is Dead?'. I love rocking riffs and Iommi is the master IMO. Mind you, 25 years ago I could rip up diminished arpeggios and fast runs like Malmsteen but the fingers don't work as smoothly as before. I won a guitar talent contest playing George Lynch's 'Mr Scary' when I was playing very well.

Anyway, playing daily now. The calluses are back and some fluidity too to my playing. Think I might form a mid-life crisis rock band :mrgreen: