Winter City break destination

handyandy24

Stuff city breaks, Disneyland Paris in February is where it's at - cheap as chips and bugger all lines for the rides!

Can you guess what my next holiday is going to be?

:stupid:

Can you guess where my next holiday also will be :lol:

(Yours truly... A Disney Whore)

Stuff city breaks, Disneyland Paris in February is where it's at - cheap as chips and bugger all lines for the rides!

Can you guess what my next holiday is going to be?

Virgin galactic flight?

Brighton full of benders

Bloody hell, are you 100 years old or something :lol: so what? Doesn't stop anyone having a good time - Brighton is fantastic!

Depends what sort of a good time you want.

If I could afford that, do you really think I'd be riding this clapped out old BMW? :lol:

Maybe you want to keep it a secret ;)

In that case I'm doing a bloody god job of it :lol:

Maybe Somerset would be more your speed? All the social and cultural attitudes of the 1930's distilled into a single county :mrgreen:

We just returned after 2 weeks in Orlando, and the only parks we thought were crap were the Disney ones. Maybe Paris is better than Florida?

We just returned after 2 weeks in Orlando, and the only parks we thought were crap were the Disney ones. Maybe Paris is better than Florida?

Did you go for the Halloween celebrations?

I find the Disney parks the best, but in an order. Epcot is my favourite, it's more for adults and has cooler rides, but then offers a great amount of different cultures in the "lands" area and the food there is great.

Animal Kingdom is another good one. After that I could take or leave hollywood studios and magic kingdom tbh.

I went in September and saw they were rebuilding most of it so didn't get to do as much as intended... Plan is to go back next September! I do suggest mid September as October is a busy time for them over there due to Halloween holidays.

Did you go for the Halloween celebrations?

We were there at the right time but gave the evenings a miss in favour of finding decent food.

Epcot was good, as was Kennedy Space Centre and Busch Gardens (spent 2 days there).

We booked a night in the Hard Rock Hotel which gives you 2 days front of line passes for both Universal parks, so they were OK :)

As for the Disney parks they were just too cheesy, apart from one or two interesting coasters.

Is Orlando doable for a weekend? :wink:

I second Amsterdam - so very pretty and loads to see and do. The sex museum of course is a must :mrgreen: loads of great photography/art museums and nice little shops. I was a student with v little money when I went and managed to eat and go places and enjoy myself lots :thumb: watching friends get stoned and then taking them on rides was pretty amusing too :lol:

I should've known!! haha, i walked past it a couple of times debating it :mrgreen: Theres a giant penis aparently inside?

There certainly was when I was in there ;)

You're a giant penis :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: *fnar fnar de fnar* :mrgreen:

Brighton full of benders

Bloody hell, are you 100 years old or something :lol: so what? Doesn't stop anyone having a good time - Brighton is fantastic!

Well I used to go for day trips with my mum - lots of nice restaurants, interesting little shops, nice seasidey-ness (not so great this time of year prob though) and an old school fairground. We used to have a right laugh...funnily enough gay people didn't really feature in my memories, probably because they are just people... :wink: :mrgreen:

We were there at the right time but gave the evenings a miss in favour of finding decent food.

Epcot was good, as was Kennedy Space Centre and Busch Gardens (spent 2 days there).

We booked a night in the Hard Rock Hotel which gives you 2 days front of line passes for both Universal parks, so they were OK :)

As for the Disney parks they were just too cheesy, apart from one or two interesting coasters.

Is Orlando doable for a weekend? :wink:

Disney Paris is the better weekend, or short stay get away, and if you can get the dining plan option then you're cooking with gas. You barely need any dosh on you compared to what you need for some getaways!

In Florida the dining plan makes all the difference too, although the Hard Rock hotel was a nice hotel to be in at halloween given how done up Universal gets for it. But magic kingdom is quite cheesey and made for kids, I have to say the one in Paris is actually the better one but that could be because it is newer.

So yeah... Disney paris for a short getaway, maybe get a ticket to go into Paris. Florida if you want a long stay!

Well I used to go for day trips with my mum - lots of nice restaurants, interesting little shops, nice seasidey-ness (not so great this time of year prob though) and an old school fairground. We used to have a right laugh...funnily enough gay people didn't really feature in my memories, probably because they are just people... :wink: :mrgreen:

Brighton's awesome. I love scoop and crumb icecream shop mmm. The nightlife there is awesome and the shopping is pretty decent, not just a big shopping complex!