Noisy helmet

Hey guys hope all is well.

So I recently brought a r6 ( phils r6 )

that I love more and more I drive it. Getting my self into trouble with turning points though hahah.

Anyway iv got a caberg duke helmet at the moment and iv soon realised it's wayyyy to noisy at higher speeds. It's a flip front for those who don't know.

So I think the sensible thing would be a non flip front helmet.

I don't want to speed a massive amount

Any recommendations guys gals

thanks

James

ive had two caberg helmets both noisy i wear earplugs when riding couldnt ride without them, when my money tree groes i will try and purchase a shoei helmet as i have had lots of reviewers saying they are lovely and quiet

i tried that moo, works a treat until i pull my lid off and nearly rip my ears off lol

You just have to do it gently at an angle, there's a knack to it - it's easy when you try, honest. I've done it no problem it with 4 different helmets :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

i tried that moo, works a treat until i pull my lid off and nearly rip my ears off lol

You just have to do it gently at an angle, there's a knack to it - it's easy when you try, honest. I've done it no problem it with 4 different helmets :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Gently??? angle???? Helmet????

Wahhhhh sounds like years of experience hahah

Thanks guys gals So I guess ear plugs are the best option for now. I'll be sure to read up the reviews on the shoeis

Foam earplugs are cheaper than a new shoie!!

Squash them till the go long and thin, suck them so they get wet, open your mouth wide and insert them into your earhole.. Feel them gently expand and the world becomes a peaceful place...

I find that the foam earplugs muffle the sound too much for me......I'm not comfortable riding the bike like that.... :shock: I use some that are designed for air travel which attenuate the wind noise, but I can still hear the engine and other stuff around me ok..... 8-) There were some I saw recently that are designed for biking......I think they were in the Visor Shop site..... 8-)

Thanks guys. Ima shop online for some now.

Iv noticed this exhaust I have on the r6 pops and sounds awsome so I'd like to be able to hear that still. Maybe it's just the case of finding the right ear plugs and not the helmet [emoji6]

I use these... noise reduced to a comfortable level. but I can still hear the important sounds...

I like these because the lanyard makes removal easy.. and its far less likely to lose one.

http://i.imgur.com/LLzluT6.jpg

Not the foam...NOT THE FOOOOOOAAAAAAAAM!!!!

They're not that bad really, but they don't like my earholes...one always comes at least part-way out. And then I can't stop wiggling my ear to make it pop out cos it's so frigging annoying! :lol:

Nope, didn't take long to work out remooving the helmet so the earphones don't get tugged. Easiest way is to hold the helmet strap and pull one side, then the other. Good luck finding a solution that works for you :D

Not the foam...NOT THE FOOOOOOAAAAAAAAM!!!!

They're not that bad really, but they don't like my earholes...one always comes at least part-way out. And then I can't stop wiggling my ear to make it pop out cos it's so frigging annoying! :lol:

Nope, didn't take long to work out remooving the helmet so the earphones don't get tugged. Easiest way is to hold the helmet strap and pull one side, then the other. Good luck finding a solution that works for you :D

I'll shop around and maybe buy a few see what stays in for the longest [emoji12] [emoji6]

Don't want tpbe riding down the road swinging my head around the place... I'd look like a zombie on a bike

Ear Pro EP3 Sonic Defenders about £15 in the UK

http://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUREFIRE-EARP ... 233610fa9f

I use these on the bike as I can still hear the engine but removes the top end of the whistles and screams. Very easy to put in your ear and very comfortable and allows you to still have a conversation at the lights and general noise around you :)

I also use them when shooting high caliber rifles and shotguns and my ears are still working as they should so they definitely do a good job of removing the dangerous end of the db scale :)

Drown out the wind with music! I recommend Bob Marley for slower rides and UK garage for the other 98% of the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

That exhaust of yours is the nuts. "pop pop pop poppp"

Ear Pro EP3 Sonic Defenders about £15 in the UK

http://www.surefire.com/ep3-sonic-defenders.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUREFIRE-EARP ... 233610fa9f

I use these on the bike as I can still hear the engine but removes the top end of the whistles and screams. Very easy to put in your ear and very comfortable and allows you to still have a conversation at the lights and general noise around you :)

I also use them when shooting high caliber rifles and shotguns and my ears are still working as they should so they definitely do a good job of removing the dangerous end of the db scale :)

Interested in these, the video on the link you sent looks decent. How'd you know what size to go for?

EDIT: Ah, this site has a size guide in the second image http://www.nightgear.co.uk/Surefire-Ear ... 35ng.htm#3

ANOTHER EDIT: Bought! Looking forward to trying these out. I normally use foam plugs which do a pretty decent job. The marbled colour effect ones that you get in most bike shops aren't bad, but don't block sound as much as the bigger yellow ones. Only thing with the yellow ones are they're big enough to cut out more sound, but hurt my ears after an hour or so.

Hoping these Surefire ones are comfortable and cut out enough that I can blast down the motorway with less wind noise.

Earplugs is the quick fix but believe it or not a recommended quiet helmet is a closed as open face, the shark evo3 but then there is the price it's around the 250-300 region. I have an agv k3 and it's pretty good to be honest, relatively quiet and with plugs in its spot on, warm and cool at the same time, and fits well. I paid 110 from sportsbikeshop.com they have some cracking lids there

• 1 month later...